Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. The Purchasing & Supply Chain Excellence function ensures Solvay has a sustainable competitive advantage by purchasing products and services through global networks at the best global market conditions.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
1. Develop & review production planning using latest monthly forecast, and break them into weekly scheduling.
· Highlight supply gaps/ plant capacity and proposal for decision making
· Provide mid-term forecast for raw material, logistic equipment & packaging
· Lead plant S&OP meeting & supply chain daily meeting
2. Review stocking strategy, propose right stocking strategy and right buffer stock level to meet OTIF.
3. Manage slow-mover.
4. Supervise & ensure scheduling is done as per planning.
5. Check third party invoices against the activities, work with third party logistics on process & cost optimization.
6. Participate in audit & work on project improvement assigned by manager.
Education and Experience:
· Degree or Diploma with experience in Supply Chain.
· 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, work closely with stakeholders in a manufacturing plant
· Intermediate to advance skills in MS Excel
· Knowledge of SAP (modules APO, PP,MM) is highly desired
· Manage & work with third party logistics
· Good analytical and business concept skills and developed financial acumen
· Good communication, interpersonal and team player
· Able to work on pressure and good decision making skills