Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
· Conduct automated process operations for Chemical unit in a Digital Control System (DCS) environment.
· Follow unit and plant procedures for safety, quality assurance (ISO - 9002) and process control.
· Provide assistance to other operators as required to take readings, monitor equipment, transfer materials and service equipment, and otherwise assist in training personnel.
· Set up all hand valves and process equipment as required for any and all operations.
· Perform minor maintenance and troubleshooting as required on process equipment.
· Respond to nonstandard conditions as appropriate.
· Take readings on equipment as required, monitor the process and equipment for proper operations, take samples as needed, and react to emergency conditions.
· Perform manual loading and unloading of materials or equipment as required.
· Practice and participate safety training and/or meetings, safely perform all activities required to successfully operate the unit and take responsibility for personal safety of others.
· Must be certifiable on fork truck operation and other industrial lifting equipment.
· All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· High school graduate, two year technical degree preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
· Prior chemical plant experience required.
· Have a high level of mechanical aptitude.
· Capable of working with computers and computerized controllers.
· Candidate required to work a rotating shift schedule. Knowledgeable or capable of demonstrating proficiency in the use of Excel and Process Book
Must have successfully completed the Work Keys Skills Assessments.
Ability to clear, isolate and prepare equipment for maintenance work.
Demonstrate knowledge of Solvay safety standards.
Capable of working with computers and computerized controllers.
Candidate required to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule
Must be capable of wearing respirator.
Must be willing and able to be a member of the fire brigade.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must be willing and able to work overtime.