· Act as dedicated control partner to support the incident investigation and perform post-mortem review with remediation action follow-up;
· Assists fully roll out of operational risk management framework in China,
- Developing and establishing the related policies, procedures and standards in SG China;
- Defining the permanent supervision controls and risk indicators;
- Responsible for rolling out and coordination of ORM program in China;
· Review and assess current process, spot out weak areas and present the remedial plans to managements
- Actively support SG China to monitor operating anomalies in coordination with regional/group and business lines. This will include escalation and following up of anomalies;
- Assess the evaluation of criticality and to ensure security reviews are professionally managed, in accordance with existing standard and governance;
- Provide supports on incidents investigation and corrective/preventive actions.
· Enhancing the staff risk awareness and responsibility sense overall
- Active sharing and training of staff on risk related topics;
- Coordinate the training initialed from regional/group
· Update local outsourcing management governance according to group guideline, and work with OS managers to coordinate regular OS risk assessment & monitoring;
· Establish local regulatory reporting supervision governance and monitor reporting quality in accordance with regulator demands;
· Provide timely updates and KRI/ORE/GPS reports to local and regional management;
· Produce regulatory reports relevant to ORM subjects and submit timely to regulator with good quality;
· Support the operational risk global tools/projects rolling out in SG China and ensure the quality of project deliverables;
· Maintain sound operational risk management risk culture mindset in SG China through different approach, training, posters, communication letters etc.
· Back up team members as and when needed (BCP, ORM trainings, DLP, etc.)
· Respect internal and external risk and control guidelines including but not limited to C&C, Anti-Fraud, Data Protection.
Academic Background (degree and major)
· Bachelor’s degree or above
· Risk & Control management or audit experience is preferred.
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
· + 2 years sound working experience in Op-risk management, Compliance & Regulatory watches, Internal Controls & Audit, Transversal process management related field within the financial industry or MNC.
Skills & Competencies
· Risk management oriented, meticulous
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Self-starter & proactive team player
· Quick learner, efficient at work and able to manage times vs priorities
· Familiar with regulations issued by regulators on banking industry is a plus
· English: fluency is a must
· Chinese: fluent Mandarin speaking and Chinese writing skill is a must
· Others: French or Cantonese comprehension is of advantage
· Good PC skills
· Proficient with Microsoft office tools
Professional Qualification (if applicable)
· CRISC, BCMI are preferred, not required.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
· Responsible for tasks within the LOD1 Operational Risk Management team including but not limited to:
· Manage operational risk events’ escalation and timely reporting with action and post-mortem follow-up;
· Assisting process owners to establish quality operational controls and maintain adequate permanent supervision;
· Review risk control self-assessments of business units and support functions and formalize the consolidated risk assessment for China management;
· Support local Operational Risk Committee to enhance risk management framework, monitor the operational risk exposures in SG China, and follow-up remediation actions & preventive control measures among BU/SU;
· Support the regulatory reporting supervision committee to reinforce the report production quality and timely submission;
· Support the outsourcing service supervision committee to strengthen the vendor management and risk monitoring;
· Produce KRI and Permanent Control dashboard and coordinate local ORC meetings and action follow-up;
· Support the global & local projects roll-out and deployment in China and ensure the adequate monitoring of the operational risks during the implementation and delivery of the projects;
· Facilitate operational risk awareness trainings in SG China.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: 2021/03/19
Publication date: 2021/01/21