· Assist audit management in preparation and execution of the audit plan.
· Execute controls in accordance with professional standards and IGAD methodology, including data science approach.
· Maintain clear work papers and audit trail of the work done in the appropriate tool.
· Propose appropriate recommendations to improve SG processes.
· Participate to the redaction of formal and clear reports to communicate audit results to management.
· Follow up recommendations issued timely.
· Acquire knowledge on activities and risks during assignments.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
· Fresh graduates only, with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree and a major in Finance/Banking/Business Computing
· Data analytics skills
· Precedent internship experience in Internal Audit would be a plus
· Appetite for data analytics
· Good analytical and writing skill.
· Rigor, transparency, honesty
· Discipline, ability to commit and stick to deadlines
· Communication skills, ability to interact with a wide range of staff (all staff levels & management)
· Openness, curiosity, team player
· Interpersonal Skills
· Sensible to Risks
· Ability to Cooperate
· Open Mindset
· Technological & Digital Savvy
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
General Inspection and Internal Audit teams are part of the Inspection and Audit division (IGAD) of SG Group.
Junior Internal Auditors' main task is to assist the Auditors in Charge in assessing the regulatory compliance of SG's processes and transactions, making sure that all the risks are properly mitigated and that the relevant controls are in place.
Junior Internal Auditors participate to audit assignments covering risks areas as per the audit plan. They apply IGAD processes and methodologies, and use the tools supporting the audit cycle A strong emphasis is made on the use of data analytics tools, which trainees quickly get familiarized to. They also assist the Head of Audit on specific assignments.
Internal Audit is a key department, helping the Group to better identify, prevent and manage its risks. It is a privileged place for a young professional who wants to have 360 degrees view on the Bank's businesses and processes and develop highly recognized methodological skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000K08
Business unit: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: 01/11/2020
Date of publication: 15/09/2020