· Assist the Trading team in its day to day tasks: o Conduct onboarding tasks to trade with new counterparties
o Follow up limits (market, counterparty, regulatory, etc.)
o Reporting daily Front Office PnL estimates to the management
o Accompany IT developments and assist with the testing and validation
o Analyze the official PnL reports and understand the gaps
o Analysis and troubleshooting of miscellaneous issues
· Assist in increasing in the electronification rate
· Report issues to the management
· Produce the relevant reports to the management and trading teams – including market commentary
· Help with the launch of new products and other projects
· Propose trade ideas and conduct back-testing to validate the strategies
· Deal with other internal trading desks and provide pricing to Sales under the supervision of the trading manager and within a strict control framework This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
To apply, please apply using the link here: https://careers.societegenerale.com/job-offers/Trainee------months--contract---, with the following information:-
· Cover letter;
· A full resume (specifying the class of honor or GPA attained);
· Contact details;
· Work authorization status We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
· Hold Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Finance, Computer Science or related disciplines
· Familiar with Fixed income products
· Strong programming & Computer literacy
· Risk Awareness
· Ability to Cooperate
· Willing to Learn and Develop Skills
· Thinking Out of the Box
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale's teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
Societe Generale's first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
*as at Feb 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FES
Business unit: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: 06/08/2020
Date of publication: 06/07/2020