· Create and maintain a operational run book for the team
· Monitor the infra capacity and manage the alerts actively .
· Automate all the possible manual tasks around service deployment and administration .
· Ensure infra related to the service are functional and manage all the alters relevant .
· Ensure proper reports ,KPI generation and publication to the stake holders
· Be a frontline in managing P1/P0 reliability incidents in timely manner.
· Manage problems and root cause analysis with proper investigation and track.
· Manage user assistance and requests on onboarding to the services .
· Monitor and manage SLIs
· Help to create SLO /SLA
· Manage and maintain *budgets (error ,toil)
· Do production readiness review Production Review Readiness for all new deliverables and manage a maintain a PRR structure
· Maintain architecture , services ,user level documents and ensure its appropriate and UpToDate .
· Follow change /release management process and governance .
· 50% supporting regular operations and 50% engineering to make the platform more stable and build automation to reduce toil.
· Manage whole devops pipe line and act /modify /rebuild when required
· Manage non business hours production support .
· Maintain versioning /agile practice /security analysis and rotation handovers/interface with vendors .
· Maintain and monitor to ensure optimal backlogs for the team
· Ensure proper new resource onboarding procedures along with technical trainings and mentorship as necessary .
· Create reliability matrices for the services
· Take part new feature design and validate from reliability standpoints
· Key stakeholder management spoc for services
· Govern and manage service /component life cycle and legacy replenishment
· Consider new trends ,technology evolution and adapt as accordingly
· Technology (3 to 6 years relevant experience)
· Hands on exposure on IaaS components predominantly openstack (compute ,storage ,load balancer)
· Hands on exposure and experience on python ,scripting ,automation ,consumption and creation of apis using python(flask)
· Hand on exposure and experience on devops tools like jenkins ,sonar , jira ,github ,monitoring ,load balancers
· Experience in working on production support projects handling major incident , change management , problem management etc
· Hands on experience on cloud native application management
· Strong understanding of cloud hosting (AWS ,Openstack ,AZURE ,ali etc )
· Strong understanding of container technologies ( docker ,openshift ,k8s)
· Exposure on handling Linux administrations and knowledge on ansible ,puppet etc are ad-on advantages
· Strong understanding about IaaS components (storage ,compute ,hardware ,sdn ,os etc)
· Experience with a distributed log tool such as Kafka ,ELK would be a plus
· Be a technology watcher
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Be an agile actor and technology leader for the team
· Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills.
· Applies analytics on historic data, such as incidents and usage patterns, to predict issues and take proactive action
Why Join Us
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale's diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group's entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000JOW
Business unit: SG Global Solution Centre
Starting date: 07/12/2020
Date of publication: 15/09/2020