Your day-to-day missions
If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
· Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups . Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
· Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow’s world:
· Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
· Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health and of our employees at the top of our priorities.
On-Boarding is a dynamic team of industry professionals who work collaboratively with senior management, sales teams, legal, and risk to facilitate Societe Generale’s new business pipeline. The team leverages their expertise, experience, technology, and relationships across the firm to manage the end-to-end client on-boarding process.
• Coordinate the customer and internal account on-boarding & off-boarding processes for SGAS & SGCC ensuring efficient workflow and rigorous follow-up with various departments including KYC, Credit/Risk, Legal, E-Solutions, Treasury, Client Services and Business Data in North America and globally
• Analyze and determine account documentation required based upon counterparty type and products traded as well as approving adequacy of account documentation and financial information received from prospective customers
• Create and maintain customer information, documents and product / limit requests in various databases/systems
• Contribute to firm-wide projects related to integration, new systems, data remediation, and new regulations
• Work closely with the front office, providing continuous feedback on status of accounts,
and meet with prospective clients both in-person and remotely
• Help the front office bring in new business swiftly and accurately, finding custom solutions to clients’ needs
• Participate in committees and meetings as required related to clients, on-boarding coordination, new activities, products and exchanges
• Learn a variety of systems, hone expertise, and provide demos to other departments
• Implement new processes and participate in the launch of new systems
· Strong sense of urgency
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· Manage long-term tasks and projects while tracking many moving parts
· Deliver on assignments with maximum speed and precision
· Be flexible to switch gears in an environment of constantly changing priorities
· Recognize when to escalate issues
· Quickly contribute at a high level
· Strong ethical code
· Make decisions based on the balance between commercial concerns and risk to the firm
· Committed to the team and the team’s success
· Willing to help teammates and stay late when necessary
· Reliable, able to earn people’s trust
· Take initiative and ownership of tasks
· Engage with the team, ask questions, and document answers to be leveraged going forward
· Quickly learn and adapt to new and changing systems, processes, procedures, rules and regulations
· Resourceful, able to find solutions and learn independently when appropriate
· Eager to tackle new tasks outside one’s comfort zone
· Navigate new territory without a roadmap and be able to teach findings to others
· Take excellent notes
· Strong analytical, comprehension and retention skills
· Absorb and apply complex concepts
· Find new ways to add value both individually and as a team
· Thrive in an environment of change and continuous improvement
· Automate processes
· Look for creative solutions to improve performance and productivity
· Effectively communicate with internal and external clients, teammates and management
· Persistently follow up to urge people to perform actions without creating conflict
· Maintain positive relationships with many personality types
· Remain cool under pressure, project an aura of calm in stressful situations
· Be respectful and highly professional in all forms of communication
· Openly share knowledge with others
· Be clear and transparent to stakeholders on status of work and any issues
· Client facing experience and public relations skills
· Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
· Strong data manipulation and metrics gathering skills
· Strong sense of art design when creating charts, graphs, and slides
· Polished public speaking/presentation skills
· Wide breadth of financial knowledge: Equities, Fixed Income, OTC, Futures, Options, etc.
· Well-versed in recent regulatory changes, e.g. Dodd Frank, FATCA, FinCEN
· Knowledge of legal documentation related to account opening
· Familiarity with KYC
· Familiarity with compliance regulations
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
· 2 - 5 years in the financial industry
· Client On-Boarding or Client Services
· Sales or Teaching
· Trading desk/floor
· Bachelor’s Degree or experience in financial industry
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
· MBA or Law degree
Why choosing us?
A career within the Societe Generale Group is an opportunity to participate in a team effort to build the bank of tomorrow.
Together, let's be the future:
· Commitment to putting integrity at the heart of our businesses
· Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
· Climate commitment
· Citizen engagement
You're not convinced yet? Meet our employees.
Are you interested in knowing more? Click here to find out.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000I4D
Business unit: SG AMERICAS OPERATIONAL SECURITIES
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 12/08/2020