Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities /Tasks
· Providing legal support and assisting the Head of Legal and the China Legal Team in managing the GBIS business in China, particularly in relation to global markets related legal work.
· Legal work on regulatory related matters and projects, including without limitation e-trading platform, central clearing rules, data protection and the implementation of cybersecurity laws and regulations, cross-border marketing matrix, and the local implementation of applicable global and European regulatory requirements.
· Work on matters including the following:
· Providing legal advice and guidance on existing and new products and activities;
· Developing, reviewing and updating template documents for business needs;
· Providing regular training to business lines and the relevant support functions;
· Maintaining panel law firm relationships, controlling legal costs and monitoring the performance of panel firms;
· Working with the Head of Legal to develop and implement legal policies, guidelines and procedures, and to maintain permanent supervision within legal department;
· Advising colleagues working at foreign offices or other functions in relation to PRC law and cross-border related transactions;
· Managing debt collection litigation matters with the involvement of external counsel and assisting the Recovery Function in handling such cases;
· Participating in meetings and committees as instructed by the Head of Legal; and
· Other work assigned from time to time by the Head of Legal.
Academic Background (degree and major)
· Bachelor's Degree in Law.
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Knowhow
· Legally qualified in the PRC with approximately 5 years' experience in major banks as legal counsel or in reputable law firms (corporate or banking teams).
Skills & Competencies
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, integrity, ability to work independently and strong team spirit. Language Skills
· Fluent in English and Mandarin. Ability to draft legal documentation in both Chinese and English.
· Microsoft applications.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000PNC
Business unit: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 17/09/2019