Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities /Tasks
· Providing legal support and assisting the Head of Legal and the China Legal Team in managing the GBIS business in China, particularly in relation to global markets related legal work.
· Legal work on regulatory related matters and projects, including without limitation e-trading platform, central clearing rules, data protection and the implementation of cybersecurity laws and regulations, cross-border marketing matrix, and the local implementation of applicable global and European regulatory requirements.
· Work on matters including the following:
· Providing legal advice and guidance on existing and new products and activities;
· Developing, reviewing and updating template documents for business needs;
· Providing regular training to business lines and the relevant support functions;
· Maintaining panel law firm relationships, controlling legal costs and monitoring the performance of panel firms;
· Working with the Head of Legal to develop and implement legal policies, guidelines and procedures, and to maintain permanent supervision within legal department;
· Advising colleagues working at foreign offices or other functions in relation to PRC law and cross-border related transactions;
· Managing debt collection litigation matters with the involvement of external counsel and assisting the Recovery Function in handling such cases;
· Participating in meetings and committees as instructed by the Head of Legal; and
· Other work assigned from time to time by the Head of Legal.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Academic Background (degree and major)
· Bachelor's Degree in Law.
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Knowhow
· Legally qualified in the PRC with approximately 5 years' experience in major banks as legal counsel or in reputable law firms (corporate or banking teams).
Skills & Competencies
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, integrity, ability to work independently and strong team spirit. Language Skills
· Fluent in English and Mandarin. Ability to draft legal documentation in both Chinese and English.
· Microsoft applications.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job code: 19000PNC
Business unit: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: 17/11/2019
Date of publication: 17/09/2019
Legal Counsel - SEGL- Shanghai - 20190917001
Permanent contract | Shanghai - China | Legal / Taxation / Compliance
· Home Job Offers Legal Counsel - SEGL- Shanghai - 20190917001
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale