Description of the Business Line or Department
The GLFI/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: Energy group, Metals & Mining finance group, Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture.
GLFI/NAT/NRG is in charge of financing and advisory services for energy projects worldwide as well as structured financings and reserve-based lending for energy players.
APF, a sub business line of GLFI/NAT/NRG covers Power (Thermal, Renewable, Nuclear and related infrastructure) and Oil & Gas (all sectors other than those covered by RBF, e.g. LNG, Petrochemical, Pipelines and Refining). One of the Key Selling Points for APF is industry sector knowledge and this is supported by the presence of a professional engineer in the team.
APF is a global team, The London and Paris offices cover EMEA and CIS regions.
Provision of financial advisory services is a focus of the team, supported by financing using both the bank’s balance sheet, derivatives and the capital markets. It is intended to widen our activity to include private debt and equity placement.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· We have a very active deal flow and the candidate will be working in a fast paced and demanding environment that requires an individual who has a strong interest in the energy industry and financial markets
· The trainee will assist both London and Paris teams in the origination and execution of project finance debt advisory and arranging mandates
· The trainee will also assist senior members of the team in marketing and other general activities
Summary of responsibilities
· Transaction support to the relevant deal team leader in the Energy team on advisory and arranging mandates, including:
· Financial modelling and analysis of financial projections;
· Review of various documentation, including information memorandum and finance documents;
· Review of various due diligence reports;
· Assisting in preparation of credit applications and other internal approval requests; and
· Assisting in preparation of presentations for clients.
· Support for origination and marketing, including:
· Research on companies, market and industry trends;
· Preparation of marketing materials; and
· Assisting in preparation of proposals.
· General support, as required, within Energy Project Finance, including contribution to effective teamwork within the global team and with other groups in the bank.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
N/A - always work under senior supervision
· Technical Skills
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills
· Excellent English writing, communication and presentation skills
· A solid understanding of the energy industry
· Cashflow modelling experience is a plus
· Past experience from the banking or energy sector is a plus, but not required
· Behavioural Skills
· Team worker
· None required, however previous internships or experience in the energy or project finance sectors would be an advantage
· Last year of undergraduate or graduate studies in a top ranking university, preferably in the UK
· Degrees in Engineering and Finance are preferable (but not a pre-requisite)
· English (native / bilingual)
· Second language an advantage
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale London Branch
Starting date: 2021/02/01
Publication date: 2020/12/02