If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you've come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
· Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
· Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow's world:
· Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
· Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health of our employees at the top of our priorities.
Day to Day Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Build knowledge and expertise on equity markets and regulatory knowledge around financial industry.
Respond to end users (traders, back/middle office, Regulators, Compliance…etc) within timeframe dictated by the severity of the problem, document and track (case histories, issues, and action steps)
Liaise with development teams in Bangalore, New York, and Paris regarding any application bugs or improvement on business processes.
Provide functional and technical expertise to produce and promote maintainable and quality solutions. Includes documenting system requirements and documentation of support run book
Communicate with users regarding application outages and upcoming events like release, projects etc.
Respect internal IT norms, standards and processes
Timely reporting of production and project status to client and IT management
Effective and efficient oral and written communication with various audience at appropriate levels
Partner with the Global support teams (Paris/Asia) to ensure quality support to our end users
Produce new features. It's not just about writing code, but also making design / architecture decisions, testing, tracking quality metrics, and producing documentation.
Demonstrate functionality to stakeholders and the product owner (Product Owner) to gain a strong understanding of the field and get feedback on the work provided
- Participate in "Scrum" related activities, such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, retrospective Sprint, and demos.
Competencies and Experience Technical Skills:
• Knowledge on Client/Server application
• Comfortable working on Unix Solaris, Linux and Windows environments
• Experience working with relational databases, SQL
• Experience working on Autosys
• Programming skills/experience in Python is a plus
• Possess a good balance of technical expertise, business knowledge and soft skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem solving ability.
• Can communicate clearly with a wide variety of people/functions (verbal/written)
• Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Quickly learn new systems/products .
• Proactive and results-oriented: sets goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources to deliver optimal results.
• Team-oriented, client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
• Capable of prioritizing tasks and multi tasking projects
• Thrive in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment.
• Two plus years of experience in a technology environment;
• Experience in a support role in the financial service industry is preferable
• Experience working in a global/international financial IT environment is preferable
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
• Bilingual in French a plus
Why join us
A career within the Societe Generale Group is an opportunity to participate in a team effort to build the bank of tomorrow.
Together, let's be the future:
· Commitment to putting integrity at the heart of our businesses
· Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
· Climate commitment
· Citizen engagement
You're not convinced yet? Meet our employees.
Are you interested in knowing more? Click here to find out.
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Interested in Corporate Social Responsibility matters such as contributing to the protection of the environment or giving back to the local communities?
Several Employee Resource Groups have been put in place at Societe Generale in Canada to help you achieve a sense of fulfilment towards causes that matter the most to you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG CIB
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/10/27