Developing responsible and innovative financial solutions through the use of data and technology
As a data analyst / data scientist you will coordinate with a wide range of business stakeholders and operational teams to implement data driven solutions aiming at answering a business need in order to develop new business opportunities, to improve the quality and/or efficiency of an existing businesses or activity, or to reduce their risks.
During your assignment you will be responsible to:
· Work with the business teams and sponsor to translate their business needs into data objectives
· Identify the internal or external data sources / datasets relevant to answer those objectives
· Do exploratory data analysis to identify patterns, trends and discover insights in order to refine the objectives
· Prepare the datasets to be used in the analysis based on the original datasets
· Implement the appropriate solution (BI dashboard, machine learning model) to answer the objectives
· Share the results back with business experts and present them to the sponsor and stakeholders
· Propose improvements to the business based on the interpretations of those results
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
· A degree in the following subject is required:
- Data Science
- Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
- Computer Science or Information Systems
· Recent Graduate with Bachelor, Master or above in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines
· Not more than 12 months of working experience within financial industries
· Experience in manipulating large dataset from database, data warehouse or data lake (Azure or AWS datalike preferred)
· Experience with statistical analyses tools (e.g., Python, R) or similar analytically oriented programming languages
· Knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions (such as MS PowerBI, Tableau, Tibco SpotFire) will be a strong plus
· Experience in the implementation of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning algorithms and the intrinsic difference of the different algorithms available to propose the best model for the problem faced (anomaly detection, predictive model, ...) Behavioral Skills:
· Compulsory - Ability to cooperate
· Compulsory - Results oriented
· Compulsory - Thinking out of box
· Important - Open mindset
· Important - Simplification mindset
· Important - Willing to learn and develop skills
Other behavioral skills
· Analytical and problem-solving mindset
· Attention to details
· Good level of written and verbal communication in English
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed – and continue to develop – advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Bank in Asia is investing in its digital capabilities and data to boost its business development. You will be part of those initiatives under the sponsorship of senior managers of the bank
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2021/01/05
Publication date: 2020/12/03