During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
· You will support the team with industry and company analyses.
· Valuation tasks belong to your daily business.
· Client presentation materials will be prepared by you as well.
· You will support your colleagues with preparation, origination and execution of all kind of M&A, ECM and cross-product client pitches.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Frankfurt am Main is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that your VIE mission could potentially get postponed, depending on the evolution of the health crisis and subjects to the decision made by the Crisis and Support Centre of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE). In addition, the selected candidate will only be paid upon confirmation from Business France and arrival in the country of assignment.
· You are graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University in Economics, Management or Corporate Finance
· You have ideally a past experience in Healthcare and/or done a prior internship in M&A or Equity Capital Markets in a Bank/Investment Bank/Boutique
· Good numerical and analytical skills
· Knowledge in valuation
· Excellent knowledge in MS Office tools (Excel, Word and Power-Point)
· Fluent in English; basic knowledge in German would be desirable
Why join us
Your career path
In terms of knowledge and experience, you will obtain expertise in:
· Acquisition of a broad spectrum of banking products.
· Insight on banking commercial approach of large corporate clients.
· International banking environment.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
Corporate Finance has an integrated worldwide set-up offering a comprehensive range of advisory and capital raising services to accompany its clients thanks to strong sector and product knowledge, and proven capabilities in both local and cross-border executions. The corporate finance activity is about accompanying clients on all of their investment banking needs from strategic advisory, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets and structured equity transactions. As VIE in the Healthcare team in Frankfurt you will work in a challenging and demanding work environment. Thereby, you have the possibility to work with experienced colleagues on interesting and diverse projects and thus, to have a steep learning curve.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG CIB
Starting date: 2021/02/01
Publication date: 2020/11/26