Within the Société Générale Group, you will join the Information Systems Department of Global Banking & Investors Solution. You will be responsible for providing the corporate banking business lines and support functions with all the IT and IS resources necessary for their operation, at competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and costs.
The SG Montreal Centre de Solutions Inc. group ('SG MSC') has more than 175 employees and provides IT services and solutions for operations based in New York, Paris and Asia. In this respect, SG MSC is responsible for the management of the IT infrastructure as well as the development, integration, maintenance, evolution and functional/technical support of a wide range of enterprise applications.
The VIE will work within a Business Intelligence Competence Centre. He will be in charge of developing reporting applications (data vizualization) and helping the team with any technical task. The daily work is done in collaboration with the New York, Paris and Indian teams.
With the support of the SG MSC teams, the VIE will be in charge of:
- Collect needs and specify the functionalities to be implemented.
- Develop the necessary reporting / dashboarding tools.
- Implement, test and deliver functionalities according to our standards.
As part of their daily activities, the BI Center team is in charge of developing various BI projects, but will also provide production support on the various BI platforms (Table, Power BI, MicroStrategy, BO.).
The candidate may also be asked to analyse the existing controls and tasks on this perimeter in order to automate and/or optimize them. In addition, monitoring reports will need to be designed and implemented to provide automated status to the Executive Committee.
The VIE will develop existing tools and/or create new tools for the implementation of these performance indicators and controls.
The VIE will have the opportunity to evolve within a BI competence centre, it will thus be able to discover the data professions.
The scope of work is broad and will allow the candidate to practice and improve his technical skills in various fields (operating system, databases, data visualization tools...), but also to obtain a very good knowledge of IT systems (IT security, ITIL process, project management...) and finance professions (investment banking).
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Ideal candidate profile
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Montreal is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. Please see www.civiweb.com , in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
Graduated from a Master's degree from an engineering, business or university with an IT specialization. A first experience in a Business Intelligence or development role in an investment bank would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English and French.
You have good communication skills.
- A person who learns quickly and enjoys working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
- Rigorous, dynamic, detail-oriented and able to work in a high pressure environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Loving teamwork.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts and tools
- Knowledge of the capital markets and activities of an investment bank
- Understanding the life cycle of a deal
- Good knowledge of Power BI, Table or MicroStrategy
- Good knowledge of Kibana, Kibi or Grafana
- Good knowledge of a data integration tool
- Good knowledge of SQL language
- Good knowledge of Excel/VBA
- Good knowledge of Unix.