· Wendell, United States of America
· Customer Services
Gas and Power
Field Service Technician 2
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the environmentally safe performance of field service projects, with direct supervision. Execute technical field assignments involving the assembly, installation, modification, test, inspection, service and/or repair of distribution and power transformers. You will also recommend measures to improve field service operations, customer service assigned other work, individually, or as part of a larger electrical substation / power plant project.
You will report directly to National Resource Manager (*NRM-) and performs work under the supervisory direction of the Crew Leader. Effective communication with both, NRM and Crew Leader, is required throughout active projects and when awaiting assignment and/or stand-by time.
Often requires extensive travel and non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions
Duties / Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Perform semi- complex transformer field service operations that require above average technical skills.
· Troubleshoot and repair transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
· Communicate clearly and professionally, (written and/or verbal), regarding project scope, safety reviews (i.e. tailgate meetings), security or environmental incidents, safety violations or near misses.
· Guide less experienced technicians, instructing them in proper & safe operation of equipment.
· Assist Crew Leader with field service team project set-up, resource requirements; including own lodging, travel and other transportation,
· Responsible for completing time & expense and field service job reports, using on-line/administrative tools or software.
· Perform tasks associated with regasketing of transformers, assist in cutting new gaskets/O-rings as needed
· Perform repairs and maintenance on oil processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
· Maintain safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform repairs and maintenance of processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
· Follow and/or enforce Siemens Environmental Health & Safety policies
· Perform duties in accordance with customer, industry and corporate laws, regulations and standards
· Perform receipt inspections unassisted by others
· Perform additional duties as assigned by NRM and/or Crew Leader
Technical Skills and Tools
· Entry level supervisory skills required to coordinate work priorities of less senior assigned field personnel, (crew members and subcontractors) in addition to promoting a healthy, safe and environment-friendly workplace.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
· Requires ability to select most effective approaches and adapt standard practices and procedures to resolve semi-complex technical problems.
· Use electro-mechanical skills in the safe and correct assembly, maintenance of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories. Ability to interpret the scope of work, assembly, maintenance and service instruction.
· Perform the correct operation of transformer oil processing, including vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining oil-filled transformers. Complete documentation of the process under the direct supervision and instruction of Crew Leader or senior crew members.
· Operate oil processing equipment unassisted by others
· Perform receipt inspections including testing and reporting unassisted by others
· Perform required maintenance on oil processing equipment and generators unassisted by others
· Perform basic rigging duties
· Pull quality oil samples & fill out associated paperwork
· Competency in crane signaling and spotting
· Provide support to assigned tester with industry standard testing of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories.
· Must have good commercial and industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting skills
· Basic competency with PC skills, including email, internet, data entry into on-line tools, MS Word and Windows based software
· Maintaining Class A CDL requirements as described in contract section 9.09 article c) qualifies for a yearly bonus.
· High School diploma, GED or technical vocational or apprenticeship training, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
· Must have a minimum of 18 months experience in technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers / transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry
· Very good level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V - 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV - 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV - 800 kV
· Requires good communications skills and ability to follow verbal/written instruction.
· Good time management skills
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude
· EH&S/OSHA training required / will be provided
· Must perform proficiently at tech assistant level
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182497
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019