During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Discover Siemens Digital Industries Software!
Siemens is seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting engineer to join our Development team in London. The role is within the Batteries vertical development team within the Technology Application & Verticals Department, which itself is part of the larger Product Development organization. This latter team is tasked with providing three full STAR-CCM+ releases per year all including meaningful new feature development.
Our teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and improve professionally. Furthermore, teams are expected to be self-sufficient and run without the classical management structure.
We have in practice Agile development methods, and we exemplify core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development.
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
As a member of the development team you will be designing, implementing and testing new features in the theme of battery simulation methods. The idea is to build, extend and maintain new and existing battery simulation related features within STAR-CCM+ . To be successful you must have the capacity to interpret requirements and to create development proposals and prototypes which can be shared and further improved with the team.
You will create automated tests within a Java framework to exercise and maintain the quality of new features and ensure comprehensive test coverage of the product.
Other responsibilities include: taking part in design and code reviews , providing appropriate presentations , supporting materials and feedback on similar peer work products, as well as working to address problems and bugs as reported from other developers and/or customers.
Your qualifications - proven and adequate
· Extensive C++ development experience as part of a medium to large size development team building commercial engineering simulation software.
· Solid understanding of battery science and some familiarity with current simulation methods. Primarily the solutions are focused at lithium ion chemistry, but all forms of battery chemistry are encouraged
· MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
· Ability to work, communicate and coordinate within a large geographically distributed development organization
· Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you should also have experience in the following fields:
· Software development in a commercial environment
· Engineering simulation software experience
· Client/server architectures
· Parallel programming experience
· Java and scripting languages such as Python and Bash We are Siemens
We are part of an open, collaborative team, with a focus on excellence. You will join a flat organizational structure, exciting and ambitious projects for world-class clients and exciting career prospects. If you are a forward-thinking professional with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of CFD software, apply now and join us!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance, pension and other benefits. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time