What are my responsibilities?
· Support the achievement of HSE goals and objectives by Lots and subcontractors through implementation of Consortium HSE plans.
· Support the HSE Manager and team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
· Monitor compliance with HSE requirements and mitigation of risk through control of at risk behaviors and conditions.
· Ensure that governmental legislation is being followed.
· Review health and safety reports analyzing compiled data to determine areas of improvement.
· Conduct inspections of the workplace ensuring safety standards are met and being enforced consistently.
· Manage non-compliance offenses of a high level.
· Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
· Review job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures and write reports and recommendations.
· Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for Lot specific training programs.
· Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
· Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
· Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
· Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
· Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues.
· Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
· Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
· Act as liaison between Lots, Civil work Joint Venture and subcontractors within the assigned area and/or task.
· Provide support to the dept. on the implementation of Company-wide HSE initiatives eg. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc
· Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements
· Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
· Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the HSE Manager for distribution across the project.
· Manage Safety Statistic reporting within the Lot and Subcontractors. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting to the HSE Department.
· Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
· Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
· Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
· Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
· Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Advanced knowledge of a field of environmental and/or safety engineering, process safety, health or related discipline.
· Knowledge of HS&E sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
· Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
· Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of HS&E contractors/subcontractors during construction.
· Knowledge of construction environmental issues, e.g., hazardous materials, waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
· Knowledge of RMP’s organizational structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
· Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to industrial hygiene, health physics, safety engineering, and environmental compliance.
· Experience in implementing HS&E training programs.
· Written and oral communication skills in English.
· Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
· Experience in rail systems installation highly preferred.
· A recognized degree in HSE, relevant engineering or management field from an accredited college or university.
· A sufficient number of specialized HSE courses from recognized international bodies.
· Prior practical work experience of at least 3 years, in environmental, safety and health.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process .
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time