About the Role?
Our vision is to be every customer’s first choice for innovative industrial solutions in Chilean mining sector. As our new SCM Demand Planner , you will help lead us there. This vital, engaging role serves as the liaison between vendors and project management, in elaborating procurement plan and coordinating requisitions for both international and domestic vendors, as well as follow-up of the corresponding deliveries. You will also play an integral part in on-going efforts to identify & implement automation and process improvements within supply chain.
You will report to the Supply Chain and/or Controlling Manager on day-to-day and project activities.
- Collaborate with Teammates - and cross-functionally - to achieve team & business goals
- Seamlessly manage the placement of both direct and indirect purchase requisitions
- Execute standard, specialized, & complex activities within Logistics such as purchase order maintenance, expedite activity,
inbound material discrepancy resolution, GR/IR resolution, blocked invoice resolution, overdue PO follow up, and more
- Continuously identify project status and challenging situations, define appropriate measures to meet the project's objectives
- Maintains, updates and communicates relevant information (regarding master data, delivery schedules, -order status and contract information) from suppliers, procurement, and logistic service providers.
- Analyzes operational logistic status, informs involved stakeholder adequately - and derives and implements alternative measures to adopt to changing situations.
- Completes and communicates deficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability.
What do you need to qualify for this job
• Previous experience working in a Supply Chain/Procurement role (5 years at least)
• Profound experience managing vendors; Extreme customer-focus, both internal & external
• Knowledge of SAP
• An understanding of the Purchase to Pay cycle
• Understanding the monetary and non-monetary contributions of logistics and procurement to profit and loss
• Ability to apply relevant methods and tools of project management
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Able and willing to travel locally up to 30%
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time