Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare's first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum - from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
The Production Scheduler will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly production activities. This role will have shared activities across multiple teams and will be responsible for indirectly managing expectations and deliverables within the operations organization. This role provides opportunity to work across business lines and make a great impact towards supporting operational growth within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain production schedules for all EPOC products
· Adjust production schedules as needed and ensure accurate and timely information is broadcast
· Monitors and communicates production needs based on output, machine malfunction, experiments, etc.
· Creation of manufacturing work orders and transacting of materials against those work orders
· Address issues related to manufacturing work orders, establish guidelines and provide training as required
· Performs cycle counts and other inventory monitoring activities and report to Manufacturing, Materials, and/or Finance as directed.
· Assists in performs all necessary steps within SAP in regard to production planning/scheduling
· Updates Key Metrics for manufacturing support functions
· Analyzes data and prepares analysis, and/or reports, highlighting variances
· Support accuracy of materials master data for manufacturing production
· Ensure proper Inventory Controls of production order processing and material movements
· Participates in or lead Continuous Improvement activities to implement improvements to products, processes, or procedures
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
· Reports to Production Planning Manager
· Regular interaction with Manufacturing, Finance, Materials Management/Logistics, Engineering/Technicians and operators.
· High level of analytical skills
· Use of SAP systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Execution focused; results oriented attitude
· Ability operate effectively within a fast paced and dynamic technology and business environment, with aggressive timelines and milestones
· Creative thinker who is interested in challenging the status quo
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams
· Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback
· Self-starter and highly motivated
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
· 1-3 years’ experience in a high volume, regulated industry, preferably Medical Device, Biotech or Pharma
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,)
· SAP ERP system experience required
· Effective written and verbal communications.
· Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available atwww.siemens.ca .
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter auwww.siemens.ca .