Job Title: Specialist - Product Management (Product Owner)
Location: Bangalore, India
Organization: SHS TE DC IND DI-SY PRM
Mode of employment: Full time
The Product Owner is responsible for the definition and delivery of a part of a product from a customer and market requirement point of view - regarding content, prioritization, quality and customer excitement for a given cost and time frame.
• Responsible for a part of the product through the product life cycle from the definition to the phase-out.
• Provides the associated development teams with priorities and expertise regarding the product and ensures completeness and consistency of the derived requirements within the part of the product.
• Responsible for definition and delivery of a part of a product from a customer and market requirement point of view, working with one or several development teams.
Internal Interactions: Product Line Manager, Product Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager, Development Team (e.g. Scrum Master, System Analyst, Architect, Developers, Testers), Usability Engineer, other stakeholders (e.g. Business Units), SCM (Enabling) & Customer Service teams, Technical Writers, etc.
External Interactions: Customers – Radiologists, Radiology Technicians, Hospital Administrators, IT Administrators etc.
What are my tasks?
• Elicit and collect stakeholder requests
• Define and prioritize Market Requirements
• Analyze Market Requirements (e.g. initiate and manage concepts for complex Market Requirements)
• Derive, prioritize and communicate Software Requirements
• Create Software Requirement Specifications (i.e. problem part)
• Coach/ support development team's questions and resolve conflict regarding features and requirements
• Analyze and decide complaints and charms
• Achieve commitments with and motivate development teams, assist development teams in attaining maximum effective sustainable pace for development
• Ensure quality by evaluating results of iterations and either approve/ accept or reject results based on DONEness criteria
• Support effort estimations of development teams
• Analyze change request entries and prioritize with other product backlog items
• Coordinate cross-feature-area development with peers to facilitate prioritized product development
• Deliver input for project management
• Support roll-out of the system, presentation, workshops, training for sales and engineering
What do I need to know to qualify for this job?
Qualification: A Bachelors / masters degree in engineering and / or MCA or equivalent.
Work Experience: 12 to 15 years
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
• Healthcare market. Product knowhow and customer understanding
• Sound knowledge of Clinical Workflows and Healthcare IT, especially in the area of Radiology.
• Healthcare Industry standards like DICOM and IHE
• Working experience in X-Ray, Mammography, CT domains would be an added advantage
• Good understanding of software systems categorized as Medical Device
• Basic understanding of Legal regulations and standards applicable for medical devices, affecting safety aspects(i.e. FDA 21CFR820QSR, ISO 13485)
• Exposure to agile methodology
• Thorough experience in Requirements Engineering, Usability Engineering and feature definition activities.
• Product Lifecycle Management & Software development cycle experience
What experience do I need to have?
• Professional: Several years of experience in the medical device/ healthcare industry (e.g. as a Product Owner, System Engineer, System Analyst, Technology Lead, Lead Architect etc.), expertise in clinical and radiological workflows, experience in image processing. Several years of experience in IT product or solution business.
• Project / Process: Several years of experience in requirements engineering and SW development. Ideally, IT integration experience. Experience in agile development projects, preferably in Product Owner role.
• Leadership: Experience with managing internationally staffed teams, management and balancing of different stakeholder expectations, management of product definitions. Ideally several years experience in technical leadership role and communicating direction and coaching others.
• Intercultural: Experience with international/ intercultural teams, conduction of workshops with international development partners and customers.
What else do I need to be strong at?
• Self driven and takes Initiatives
• Decision making skills
• Result orientation
• Self motivated and provides motivation and inspiration to the team
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
• Strong team player and networking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong customer focus
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time