Siemens Gas & Power Generator Manufacturing Business Unit is seeking a Performance Controller to be an integral member of this highly visible, dynamic and hard-working team. The qualified candidate will possess a BS/BA in Finance or related discipline and have 5+ years previous experience in Financial Reporting & Analysis, Budget Planning and Ad-hoc Analysis ideally in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment. You will have primary responsibility of the position is to provide a transparent and all-encompassing controlling within the Business Unit, ensuring all processes like Forecast, Budgeting, Month End Closing, and Performance Review are managed neatly, KPIs are controlled in large detail and processes are optimized to suit the business needs.
As Performance Controller you will be responsible for the Planning Process at campus level, including the monthly forecast process as well as annual budget process. You will ensure process and content alignment with Campus Management and BU Management
· The Month End Closing activities for the BU will be one of the key responsibility ensuring our books and records are auditable and IFRG conform.
· You will closely control all relevant business KPIs, including but not limited to volume development, Profit Development, Headcount, FCF, etc. and ensure the achievement of targets within each. Where deviations are found you will take corrective actions with the team to bring the transparency. You will have a thorough understanding of each KPI and deviations of such
· The regular profitability-, trend- and variance-analysis on BU level will allow you to make suggestions and advise management
· The monthly performance reviews with the segments will be prepared by yourself indicating focus topics for each discussion and adapting the content of reviews to the business needs
· You will be responsible for managing programs or initiatives with the support of a cross-functional team
· You will support the Campus Management with Ad-Hoc analyses proving high quality in limited available time as well as with presentations internally as well as externally
· The close interaction with all Campus management functions to achieve the set goals
· The constant optimization of processes and status quo is one integral part of this role where you will actively strive to improve
· You will work closely with the extended finance community and continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline
· You will support the transformation into a digital controlling environment by implementing modern front end tools, training the employees and promoting digitalization projects.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field
· 5-8 years of Accounting and financial audit experience
· Advanced knowledge of FI/CO transactions and procedures in SAP ERP
· Highly developed analytical skills and detail-oriented work style
· Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and documentation methods to consolidate and validate large quantity of information and complex business issues
· Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proven work experience under pressure
· Demonstrably creative; comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
· Ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyze large amounts of financial information and develop an overarching divisional view, also in graphical format, that describes the key message for Management's use
· Team oriented; gets along well with others; strong sense of emotional awareness; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
· Self-motivated; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; consistently pushes self and others for results
· Highly proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
· Proven capability of driving standardization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .