· Olean, United States of America
Gas and Power
As a Manufacturing Design Engineer, you will be working with design manufacturing processes for mid-size to very large machined and fabricated turbomachinery components. Determine optimal manufacturing steps and estimate processing times required to produce parts and assemblies. Design fixtures, jigs, and tooling required to manufacture and test product components. Develop, implement, and track continuous improvement / cost reduction projects. Responsible for training both hourly and salaried employees in processes and procedures in addition to taking a hands-on role in optimization of floor layout, material flow, and machining/welding/heat treat processes. Document improvements to manufacturing efficiencies, track time, floor space utilization, and overhead. Evaluate existing machinery and processes to recommend improvements that enhance operator performance and ergonomics / safety of the overall operation is a key duty. Effectively utilize resources that are not directly under their control to achieve both individual and team goals.
· Review new product designs and changes to existing designs with engineering to assure that manufacturing consideration are incorporated and full advantage of manufacturing possibilities have been utilized utilizing VA/VE and Design for Manufacturing. With assistance of Work Groups and Shop Supervision, recommend innovative solutions to improvement processes resulting in reduced cycle time, reduced set-up time, improve material handling, reduce WIP inventory, reduce quality costs and reduce production costs.
· Design tooling, fixtures, and jigs required during manufacturing processes.
· Produce detailed drawings and specifications that can be used to manufacture same.
· Function as a Team Leader on manufacturing projects and/or capital projects.
· Provides relevant knowledge and expertise to aid the workgroup and company in its Lean Transformation including Lean Leadership, 6-S, Value Stream Mapping, ACP Leadership, Six-Sigma, Team Leadership and Team Facilitation, VA/VE, and Design for Manufacturing.
· Prepares documentation and case study for the justification, specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of capital equipment.
· Maintain a clean, safe work environment that ensures compliance to health, safety and environmental requirements. Support in-house manufacturing operations in their efforts to maintain existing tools, fixtures, and gauges. Includes process documentation and work instructions.
· Plan manufacturing processes for existing and future parts/products.
· Provide technical and continuous improvement support to suppliers that produce finished product or manufacturing processes outside the Siemens factories.
· Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
· 3 years of manufacturing design experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
· Must have excellent problem solving skills
· Must have analytical skills to properly identify initial root cause in various manufacturing applications and variety of materials
· Fluent in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of Siemens NX program
· Experience in a Machine Shop
· Experience using Microsoft Project
· Experience in utilizing lean manufacturing concepts such as kaizen, kanban, 6S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, A3, and Six Sigma to develop improvements to manufacturing operations
· Experience in project management of new capital, and implementing changes to the manufacturing processes, such as improving material flow, and optimizing departmental layouts
· Experience in thermal processing and alternate manufacturing methods such as EB Welding, Water Jet Cutting, and assembly is beneficial
CAD/CAM experience with Siemens NX (Unigraphics) or equivalent
Job ID: 191979
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, clickhere .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2020