Layout versus schematic (LVS) is a method of verifying that the layout of an integrated circuit design is functionally
equivalent to its schematic representation of the design. We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer withsome
circuit design knowledge or an IC designer with a software background. Grow your skills and join the team responsible for
verification and test of Calibre LVS. Your goal is to help ensure our EDA software product remains the best in the industry.
You will be part of a team responsible for testing, debugging and qualifying software releases and updates. Quality
assurance responsibilities will involve the design, development, and execution of functional and regression tests used to
measure correctness, robustness, performance, and overall quality. You will collaborate with senior software engineers,
quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customer support professionals to help deliver timely product releases that
meet our customer's needs. Through leadership and innovation, develop procedures and tools needed to improve the QA
process and assist developers in design trade-offs and risk analysis assessments. You will be challenged to break away
from the conventional methods of testing and to think both like an electrical engineer and a software engineer.
The candidate should have good software skills and testing abilities and have knowledge of the CAD/CAE industry. The ideal
candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- An innate desire to learn new things and quickly assimilate knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with solid interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work on assignments independently or with small teams
- Eagerness to break software and a curiosity of how things work
- A detailed oriented mind
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 1-3 years in SW Quality Assurance with solid programming skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Linux or Unix operating system experience
- Shell Scripting experience (e.g., bash, ksh, csh)
- Familiar with using defect tracking systems
- Some experience with source code control tools (e.g., GIT, Perforce, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Knowledge of the IC physical design, layout, and verification processes and tools
- Exposure to EDA verification tools like DRC and netlisting tools or place and route tools.
- Knowledge of the Python language
- Familiarity of the Tcl programming language
- Familiarity with the Verilog language
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .