Our Pacific Zone Integration and Network Engineering (ZINE) team is growing! The ZINE consists of a group of system experts that support, mentor, and train all members of the zone including sales, solutions, and service. The ZINE team is available to provide expertise in fire, automation, security, and networking to salespeople, specialists, project managers, and Client Service Managers. These positions expand the team to allow for on-site, hands on support of high-profile projects where needed throughout the zone.
We are seeking a Support Technician to support our Pacific ZINE customers and ensure that their building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly. This position is entry level for those who like to work and win daily in a Smart Technology Building Controls construction environment. This is a position that requires travel. The candidate will be supporting and training in various branch locations. There are several weeks of classroom training involved as well in our Buffalo Grove, IL Location. This entry position assists with checkout, startup and assuring that all systems and components of a building are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the owner or final client. The right candidate will work well with others; take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. Position reports to Local Supervisor and takes direction from mentor and lead Technician.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we'd like to meet you!
· Assist with “commissioning” new HVAC Distributed Digital Control System on construction sites. Commissioning is assuring all systems and components are functioning as required.
· Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress
· Plan work with Mentor, lead Tech and Team Leader
· Complete commissioning within planned timelines
· Complete all training in a timely manner
· Submit accurate time keeping daily, expenses weekly
· Work overtime when needed
· Good work ethic
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
Required education: Required education: High school diploma or state-recognized GED required.
· Travel Required: 50%
· Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) along with user PC/software skills needed to be successful in this role.
· Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
· Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
· Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
· Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
· Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Preferred education: Completion of AAS Preferred.
· Preferred experience: experience with programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
· Associates of Building Automation or Building Technologies, HVAC, Engineering Technician
Several Positions Available - located in various offices in the Pacific Zone
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .