Description de l'offre
How can you help us craft the future as a Fabrication Machine Operator?
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will operate multiple machines within the warehouse, building a variety of parts!
What will the responsibilities?
· Sets up, programs, tests, and adjusts machines to shear, pierce, extrude, bend, and/or shape material according to specifications.
· Processes work orders in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
· Reads and interprets blue prints to produce desired parts and inspects completed workpieces for defects (e.g. jagged edges or marred surfaces).
· Installs, exchanges, aligns, and locks specified punches, dies, or other fixtures on machines as applicable.
· Interfaces industrial robot (if applicable) for picking and placing materials on a conveyor or other specified device.
· Loads, positions, and secures materials against fixtures, clamps, or stops on machines.
· Observes equipment operations and resolves problems with the machine operator control.
· Measures completed workpieces (with the use of squares, tape measure, calipers, etc.) to verify conformance with specifications.
· Marks parts with identifying information and neatly stacks fabricated parts on carts, conveyors, or any other specified devices.
· Initiates scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
· Works with Material Handlers to ensure the material for each job is available (e.g. copper, aluminum, cold rolled steel, etc.)
· Cleans and maintains machines, equipment, and work area to ensure accurate functioning and safe working conditions.
· Class D Operators must be able to perform or assist maintenance in performing vital repairs to equipment.
· Performs other work as advised by Supervision.
What are the required knowledge, skills & experience?
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Basic shop math, computer skills , and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
· Speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
· Work standing for the duration of the shift
· Reach, grasp, lift 75 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material and make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
· Stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .