DFM Software Quality Engineer- SISW- Mentor
Design for Manufacturability (DFM) is about developing closer associations between the design world and the manufacturing world. The goal of DFM is to help layout design engineers choose strategies that result in more manufacturable (higher yielding) layout configurations. Calibre YieldAnalyzer and YieldEnhancer provide a set of Standard Verification Rule Format (SVRF) statements and operations you can use to develop DFM rule files that use the same tools and processes that designers already use for standard Design Rules Checking (DRC).
We are looking for a highly motivated software quality engineer to join the team responsible for verification and test of Calibre DFM, ensuring that our EDA software product remains the best in the industry.
You will be part of a team responsible for testing, debugging and qualifying software releases and updates. Quality assurance responsibilities will involve the design, development, and execution of functional and regression tests used to measure correctness, robustness, performance, and overall quality. You will collaborate with senior software engineers, quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customer support professionals to help deliver timely product releases that meet our customer's needs. Through leadership and innovation, you'll develop procedures and tools needed to improve the QA process and assist developers in making design trade-offs and risk analysis assessments.
· Technical degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
· 5 years in SW Quality Assurance with solid programming skills
· Extensive Linux or UNIX operating system experience - Shell scripting experience (e.g., bash, ksh, csh)
· Familiar with using defect tracking systems
· Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
· Practical experience with source code control tools (GIT, CVS, etc.)
· Exposure to EDA verification tools like Calibre DRC
· Experience developing or testing products which were written in an object-oriented language
· Basic knowledge of IC manufacturing process flows
· Knowledge of the Calibre SVRF language, Python language, Perl language and Tcl language.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .