Description de l'offre
Job Family:Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 233512
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Design Manager enables exploration and optimization of parameterized STAR-CCM+ simulations. The Design Manager team addresses a wide array of problems, including execution automation, HPC, design study set up, client-server data communication, visualization, data analysis and user interface.
We are looking for someone withbroad experience who can contribute across this range of problem areas. Most work is in C++ and Java but may include some Python and scripting as well. The applicant will be
expected to both extend functionality and maintain quality and backward compatibility while making changes to existing software. This position reports to the program manager of the Design Manager Team in the
Interoperability Division of the Platform Department for SimCenter STAR-CCM+ Product Development.
• Collaborate as part of a large, distributed group of developers.
• Travel when necessary (up to 3%) to collaborate with other teams.
• Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
• Communicate project status during regular meetings.
• Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and Stash.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 2 years progressive, post-academic experience in software design and development
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Science (or foreign equivalent) and 5 years progressive post baccalaureate experience in Software design and development.
• Programming in the C++ and Java languages with a focus on engineering.
• Issue management using Jira or a comparable system
• True expertise in current C++
• Implementing object-oriented C++ design patterns
• Working on legacy code bases
• Application development with large-scale data-sets and stringent performance and quality requirements
• Using version control systems such as SVN or Git
• Developing a scientific or engineering software application
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with mathematical optimization methods
• Experience with frameworks for automation
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2018