- Builds up mechanical sub assemblies and assemblies used in the production of light rail vehicles, locomotives and coaches.
- Connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Cuts wire to specified lengths and routes, combs, twists, wraps, ties, and attaches wire to terminal points.
- Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles as required.
- Performs electro-mechanical production and installs parts such as, but not limited to; Cable harnesses, Electrical subassemblies, mechanical components, piping and bogies.
- Performs tasks that require knowledge of a combination of production processes, operations and equipment.
- Duties may consist of, but not limited to, working from production blueprints, wiring diagrams, parts lists, wire lists, sketches and verbal instructions to perform mechanical assembly operations.
- Frequently required to climb, such as, but not limited to stairs, steps and ladders.
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Performs work overhead.
- May be subject to working in tight spaces.
- Identifies and reports problems to Group Lead or Manager.
- Uses hand and power shop tools. Certification of some tools and equipment may be required, such as but not limited to crane and forklift operations.
Function / Degree Preferred:
-High School Diploma
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, working both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in some working environments may exceed 85dB
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .