Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Unity Pro Application Engineers in Schneider Electric are highly motivated and pragmatic individuals who demonstrate excellent communication and relationship skills coupled with deep technical knowledge of the customer process as well as the Schneider Electric offer. They can understand complex industrial problems and can overcome diverse obstacles to develop and realize creative and effective solutions.
This position involves designing Unity Pro logic applications to control the building process automation at Facebook data centers.
As experts, Unity Application Engineers exhibit the following strengths:
· Operational Management (Unity Pro, Vijeo Designer, “C++”, Visual Basic)
· Logic Design (Structured Text, Ladder, DFBs)
· Controls and Connectivity (PACs, Industrial networks, Ethernet Networks)
· Field Devices (Computers, M580 PAC, M580 HSBY, HMIs, Sensors, etc.)
· Electrical and Control Drawings (field I/O, power distribution, etc.)
· P&ID Loop Control
· Derived Function Block (development and application)
· Derived Data Type Management
· Change management and rev control
· Clear communication skills. Must be able to collaborate with design team and follow directions of lead engineer
· Develop building process control logic in Unity Pro for M580 HSBY PACs using the Facebook Design Standards, Derived Data Type (DDT) List, Derived Function Block (DFBs) Library, and Sequence of Operations (SOOs).
· Update DDT lists based on final SOO and logic development.
· Design applications using the standard DFBs as building blocks using existing Facebook applications as a template for the program structure.
· Attend internal and customer design meetings to review programs.
· Collaborate within a diverse global team.
· Document code per the applications already developed.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 5+ years experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and commissioning PLC/Process Automation applications, especially with Schneider Electric products
· Experience writing industrial control applications
· Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC, Modbus TCP/IP and Ethernet IP, BACnet
· Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into a packaged solution
· Experience with Industrial applications
· Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft operating systems and software applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively alone and in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
· Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C++)
· Knowledgeable or proficient in Citect SCADA
· Willingness to travel to customer sites (approximately 50-75%)
o This position requires presence at customer sites, and as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required include, but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, drug and alcohol, background, and credit checks, etc.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.