AI Research Scientist (M/F/D) Montréal | Permanent Contract | Full-Time
Are you an AI Research Scientist or would you like to become one?
If your answer is yes, it’s your lucky day as we are looking for a dynamic and talented person to join our team in Montréal!
What will your role be?
In this project, your main responsibilities will be:
· Carry out laboratory or in the field work to support a study / experiment;
· Process and analyze data and results;
· Keep abreast of relevant scientific and technical developments in order to lead a roadmap;
· Contribute to R&T visibility by participating in the publication of scientific and technical papers, the creation of posters, the presentation of research work at conferences (guest), or the submission of ideas or projects proposals (competition);
· Support proposal and statement of work;
· Support project kick-off, and milestones (Technical Review, Technology Transfer);
· Identify new research proposals including collaborations with academic and industrial ecosystems;
· Participate in peer-review of scientific work;
· Management of project, contracts linked to projects, co-financing, intellectual property, Institutional and Governmental funding, as well as research credits;
· Drafting of meeting minutes related to the progress of projects;
· Participate in recruitment activities staff or grants;
· Act as Technical Advisor during jury, meeting, event, workshop, and business development;
· Contribute to a workshop / working group;
· Ensure that quality standards are met;
· Develop original solutions to problems.
What qualifications are we looking for?
· A Master’s / Doctorate degree in computer engineering, software engineering, computer science or mathematics. A bachelor’s degree in other engineering discipline or computer science combined with a complementary experience is also acceptable;
· 3-5 years of experience;
· A knowledge of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project software;
· In-depth knowledge of constraint programming (MiniZinc language, Chuffed solver);
· In-depth knowledge of mixed-integer linear programming (models programmed in C ++ and python, CPLEX solver and / or GUROBI);
· Knowledge of serial schedule generation schemes, large neighborhood search techniques, and matheuristics methods;
· Knowledge of Resource Constrained Project Scheduling Problem (RCPSP) type problems;
· Knowledge of Markov decision making, hierarchical MDP, agent-based modeling;
· Knowledge of resource allocation (combinatorial optimization), decision support systems, and linear and quadratic programming;
· Fluent in French spoken and written.
· Reinforcement learning and genetic algorithms;
· Fluency in English is an asset but not a requirement.
· Be eligible for a reliability or security clearance required by federal government contracts;
· Intellectual curiosity, the desire to learn and to diversify is essential;
· Skills for teamwork and foster collective intelligence.
Why join us?
· To acquire experience in different critical industries and projects while working for the same company;
· To have a competitive salary and a great benefits package (dental, life and medical insurance, RRSP matching, sick days, vacation);
· To access trainings that focus on expanding your knowledge while staying up to date with cutting edge technologies and best practices;
· To have a clear career development plan that suits your goals;
· To have the possibility of working abroad through our mobility program thanks to our international presence;
· To join a dynamic, specialized and fast-growing group where communication is key and where every team member is valued;
· To be part of a team where having fun is essential (team building events, 5 à 7, Marathon and more!).
Who are we?
At Scalian, we are a leading multinational engineering consulting firm with 3500 specialists and over 30 years of experience.
We are specialized in Digital Systems (IT & Software and Systems Engineering) and Industrial Performance (Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and Project Management).
Our expertise serves various technological sectors as the aerospace, defense, rail and energy industries while providing distinctive support to their development and operations.
Are you interested and would like to find out more?
Apply and let’s talk!