Provides technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges.
· Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
· Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
· Provides support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
· Detects and describes the customer’s business needs; obtains confirmation from customer.
· Identifies appropriate applications, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts.
· Prepares prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis.
· Develops and presents customized demonstrations for accounts.
· Develops, presents, and evaluates sales seminars.
· Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
· Performs other duties, as assigned.
· Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of SAS products and solutions in sales opportunities.
· Utilizes current SAS strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
· Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
· Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
· Maintains and works toward advanced knowledge and training in SAS System tools.
· Show leadership in a chosen technology area or grouping.
· Assists in training of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Detailed knowledge of industry or market segments or in-depth knowledge of a specific area of industry expertise.
· Familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System.
· Experienced to Advanced knowledge of SAS System tools. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated project leadership skills.
· Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
· Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
· Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
· Travel as business requirements dictate.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn