About the Opportunity
This is a new position that has opened within Sanofi and will be based within the Southern UK territory including the Greater London Area. The MSL is responsible for providing balanced, non-promotional high-level scientific and technical partnership to internal and external stakeholders for the benefit of patient care. They potential candidate will look after all franchises within Sanofi Pasteur.
About Sanofi Business Unit
Sanofi Pasteur (Vaccines) – We believe in a world in which no one suffers or dies from a vaccine preventable disease.
· New role within a strong team.
· Opportunity to make a real difference within public health.
· Joining a world leader in vaccine preventable disease.
· Works to ensure that any unsolicited request for information from Healthcare professionals (HCPs) is provided in an unbiased and accurate manner.
· Provides scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and experts.
· Collaborates with Medical Advisers, Scientific Advisors, divisional teams and appropriate personnel to execute the medical plans in the field.
· Identify, collect and internally provide insights into medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities.
· Understands the Business Unit/Division strategy and provides scientific support to enable compliant delivery aligned with the medical plan.
· Track and manage evolving evidence base in areas critical for the organisation. Ensure this is communicated to the appropriate personnel and any scientific support is provided.
· Provide scientific support and Input to training and the divisional teams.
· Work in collaboration with the relevant internal scientific trainers to inform on the scientific content for the development of training materials.
· Work with regional teams to identify gaps in clinical knowledge and where appropriate, deliver an approved and relevant update to close the knowledge gap. Regional teams on a regular basis to deliver scientific and disease updates where requested by the head of medical.
· Contribute to managing late phase clinical trials through motivational and educational support in conjunction with the Clinical Studies Unit (CSU) and the SP clinical development team to ensure success of trials. Facilitate development of Investigator Study Proposals in accordance with Sanofi policy.
To excel in this role you will need to have:
· Educated to degree level or equivalent with a scientific qualification, PhD level is preferable or HCP.
· Competent to critically appraise studies and clinical evidence so as to allow engagement on higher scientific level with customers.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, experienced in the delivery of scientific presentations.
· Adaptable, independent and proactive working style.
· Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and of regulatory processes (Code of Practice and MHRA).
· Thorough knowledge of all products and disease areas.
· Working knowledge of the NHS, including the ability to understand clinical priorities and how processes work within this system.
· Awareness of clinical studies set up and maintenance-preferable.
· Able to build strong working relationships to achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
· Ability to collaborate and share information to contribute to the planning process and execute the agreed Medical plan in line with objectives.
What Sanofi can offer you:
· A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
· We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
· This is a full time role and we support flexible working.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.