Reference No. R2563758
Position Title: Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Department: Sanofi Pasteur (vaccine manufacturing site), Toronto, Ontario
Summary of Purpose:
Responsible for providing strategic and operational direction and support to identified client group including Industrial Affairs leaders (Manufacturing) and teams on all human resources matters that impact the business. The incumbent translates, influences and leads HR initiatives/programs consistent with business strategy for identified groups. Active member of assigned functional area management teams, and Toronto and Canadian Human Resources teams. Implements and coordinates policies and programs encompassing all human resources activities including, but not limited to, employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, talent management, performance management, organizational development, compensation and benefits, in partnership with local, regional and global Centers of Expertise (COE’s).
· Strategic Business Partner - works with client group leaders to ensure the successful deployment of HR strategy in support of business needs. Anticipates HR challenges and partners with the business to ensure the development and execution of consistent and sustainable solutions. Acts as a change agent and facilitates the translation of business priorities into actionable people and labour strategies. (20%)
· Talent Management – partners with client group leaders to identify, develop and retain talent in support of key talent and succession planning activities. Activities include: facilitating talent calibration sessions, assessing employee potential, defining and tracking development plans, identifying employee development opportunities (70/20/10 approach), and ensuring talent retention programs in place as required. (15%)
· Performance Management – partner with client group leaders to drive a high performance culture through early identification and improvement interventions with low-performers, identifying development and career opportunities for high performers, and ensuring objective performance differentiation through annual performance and compensation cycles. (15%)
· Employee Engagement & Culture – supports client groups in the identification and understanding of deficient areas, translating gaps into action plans in support of employee engagement and culture improvements, and assists in the monitoring and communication of action plan progress. (10%)
· Employee Relations – provides coaching and counselling to area management and employees to ensure effective and efficient issue resolution. Ensures consistent application of company policies and procedures, and related employment legislation, while maintaining employee engagement. (15%)
· Organizational Development – works with client group leaders to ensure timely and effective workforce planning in support of department business requirements, and builds plans to address capability gaps for future needs. Provides thought leadership with organizational design/re-design activities to anticipate and meet future business requirements. (10%)
· Labour Relations – provides coaching and counselling to managers and unionized employees on the interpretation of the Collective Labour Agreement (CLA), and ensures compliance with established procedures. Escalates required investigations and grievances to the Lead, Labour Relations for resolution. (10%)
· One-HR Focus – partners with Sanofi COE’s in the deployment and execution of new and revised policies and programs, providing business-specific input during the design phase(s). Ensures a consistent understanding and approach towards key HR-driven processes (including talent, performance and compensation) within identified client groups. Participates actively in support of key HR performance metrics. (5%)
Works in full compliance with the policies, procedures and standards as required by the Company and under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other related legislation.
Context of Job:
· Strong judgement and decision-making are essential (decisions may be final and irreversible from a legal standpoint)
· Conflict resolution and negotiations skills are frequently required
· High level of mental agility, ability to think strategically and implement strategy
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and conflicting priorities in a pressured environment
· Ability to collaborate and build partnerships with a strong client focus; exposure to industrial affairs, manufacturing and/or union collective agreements would be an asset
· Political acumen required to manage within the global matrix organization
· Work setting is in an office environment, primarily sedentary with regular movement around the site for client visits and meeting attendance
Dimensions and Scope:
· As an individual contributor the role will support client groups totaling approx. 400 employees (salaried and union), based locally in Toronto and some abroad (US, France)
· Decision making is critical in ensuring consistency with company policies, the Collective Labour Agreement (CLA), provincial and federal labour laws (as applicable), to avoid costly legal challenges and damage to company image.
· The accountabilities are primarily local in nature, although participation may be required on global, regional and country projects/programs
· Direction is taken from immediate manager locally, with interactions and occasional direction taken from Business HR Leads, Global Business Leaders and COE’s
Education and Experience:
· Minimum Bachelors degree
· Minimum of 8 (eight) years of progressive human resource experience in pharma/biotech/industrial affairs/manufacturing is preferred.
· Masters degree and/or certification/designation in Industrial Relations/Human Resources is an asset (eg: CHRL).
· Experience in the following areas is required: employee and labour relations, organizational development, talent and performance management, employee engagement, compensation & benefits.
· Sound knowledge of Human Resources practices, and employment & labour laws is required.
· Demonstrated track record of effective influencing and coaching, teamwork and leadership skills
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while balancing multiple conflicting priorities at a time
· Proficiency is required with Human Resouces Information System (HRIS) (Workday specifically is an asset)
· Bilingual French/English an asset
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.