In a global evolving industry, Sanofi is planning to become a huge factor in the API’s industry, with the ability to deliver high-quality API’s. As a CDMO Business Developer within our organization that is aiming to become the European champion company in API’s, you will have a great impact into reaching the company’s target.
Fields of prospection may be pharmaceutical, cosmetics, veterinary, aromas and perfumes, nutraceuticals, and the technologies concerned are small Molecules through multi step organic synthesis and large-scale fermentation. The project is on a European scale.
In order to contribute to the increase of SAIS sales revenues, SAIS CDMO team has to promote Sanofi’s capacities and capabilities in Europe. The objective is to entrust the development and manufacturing of their innovative or already marketed compound(s) to SAIS.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Role as CDMO Business Development Manager:
· Commercial prospection to promote Sanofi’s capacities and capabilities.
· Building the commercial offer in close cooperation with our internal business partners: APIs Solution, Development, Legal, Patent.
· Drafting of development and/or commercial contracts in close relationship with business partners.
· Prepare, consolidate and explain the annual development budget for projects you are in charge off.
· Represent SAIS CDMO during site allocation meetings (sourcing case meetings) for your new projects (participants are in general Development, Site Head, Head of Sanofi Chemistry, Finance, Production, API Solution).
· Ensure close exchange with our Business Partners: C&BD team, Legal, Finance, Patents, Alliance Management to ensure professional management of IP aspects.
· Manage your CDMO portfolio and portfolio changes. Ensure smooth transition to the corresponding SAIS commercial Sales Department.
You will be accountable for some major activities for this role:
Through your prospection activity you must ensure that: your projects will offer:
· Good technical fit to Sanofi installations.
· Minimum business volume and promising growth perspective for Sanofi.
· Visibility of SAIS on the CMO market.
· Sufficient economic attractiveness and/or synergy with capacities/capabilities of the site.
Acquisition of new projects:
· Ensure proper technical and economic analysis of new incoming CDMO requests via RFPs provided by the customer (Request for Proposal, Technical Package).
· Ensure and supervise preparation of commercial offer to external customer in close collaboration with business partners
· Ensure SAIS CDMO’s role and responsibility during negotiations of contracts for development and Advanced Intermediates/API supply. Align interest of involved departments to establish an aligned position towards the external customer.
· Degree in Science (Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Pharma).
· Significant background in Organic Chemistry including CMC tasks to be completed to go to submission.
· Flexible and adaptive communication skills to effectively exchange with clients, sites, internal management.
· Persistence to look for creative technical/financial solutions for a business: Ability to think transversally and “out of the box”.
· Ready to travel.
· Fluent in English.
· Customer orientation and market perspective.
· Result oriented.
· Autonomous (but not independent).
· Ability to work within a team in transverse mode.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.