Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference in patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Associate Finance Controller
- VIE Contract (W/M)
The purpose of this mission is to assist the Sanofi Genzyme ANZ Finance Business Partner Lead in all areas of Financial Planning, Reporting, Controlling, Modelling and Analysis. Also, to Analyse business performance, coordinate budget processes and provide technical support for timely and consistent reporting of actual performance as well as budgets and forecasts.
- Analyzing affiliates' business performance
- Sales, P&L (Profit and Loss), Headcount
- anticipating trends and identifying risks and opportunities plus support in explaining variances versus budget/tendencies and latest sales forecast
- Ensuring actual monthly reports and forecast consistency, from data collection to management presentation
- Controlling and commenting activity variances vs forecast, and estimating the year-end impact of actual variances
- Preparation of all recurring forecasting, planning, and reporting requirements throughout the year
- Assisting in developing tools for forecasting and analysis purposes, and proposing concrete actions to improve sales, margin or OPEX (operating expense) indicators
- Supporting and evaluating the performance of Sanofi Genzyme Australia and New Zealand, in terms of Sales, Operating Expenses, Personnel Costs and Headcount, thereby providing high level financial analysis and other information allowing Sanofi Genzyme Australia management to make informed business decisions
- Analyzing and presenting regularly to Sanofi Genzyme managers and cost center managers a report of the monthly, year-to-date, yearly performance against previous year budget and latest estimates in terms of Sales, Pricing, Operating expenses, and Headcount, for use in management decision making
- Providing support to the Business Managers as necessary and acting as a proposal force to improve operating performance
- Contributing to the annual Sanofi Genzyme Country Strategic / Business Plan process and all recurring forecasting and planning requirements that arise throughout the year in areas of controlling responsibility, in accordance with local and corporate requirements
- Leading and coordinating the collection of information from business (Sales, Headcount, Opex, Projects) on a format agreed and challenge as deemed necessary
- Ensuring the financial back-office planning process throughout the year across the Genzyme business
Being responsible for TM1/HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) entry, reporting and budget presentation pack
- Providing monthly information for sales and P&L(Profit and Loss) comments on Sanofi Genzyme ANZ(Australia and New Zealand) performance to the Sanofi Genzyme JPAC (Japan, South Korea and Australia, New Zealand) region, and to Sanofi ANZ CFO as necessary with respect of deadlines
- Making sure month-end closing activities are performed including manual journal entries, accuracy of month end accruals/prepayments and ensuring compliance with the Group Accounting guidelines
- Ensuring correct and accurate classification of all expenditure pertaining to Sanofi Genzyme Australia and detailed cost-controlling
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Education: Master in Finance, Audit, Controlling or
- Business with majoring in Finance/Accounting/Controlling
At least 1 year experience in a similar role (Finance, Controlling, Audit, Accounting)
- Budgeting & Forecasting skills
- Systems skills to manage data effectively
- Financial analysis skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Rigorous and meticulous particularly with figures
- Able to manage stress and tight deadlines
- Collaborative skills
- Communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- In a multinational company
- TM1, SAP, HFM (Hyperion Financial management)
- Presentation skills