Description de l'offre
We have a research scientist position open in the Nucleic Acids Sciences unit of NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) at our Cambridge, MA site. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced candidate with at least 3 years of hands-on experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques, and a proven track record in the execution, analysis and interpretation of in vitro cellular and molecular biology assays. The candidate will engage in a variety of lab-based investigative, mechanistic nucleic acids research efforts related to the identification and evaluation of novel therapeutic nucleic acid modalities. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task and work in a team atmosphere but will have a high degree of independence regarding the planning and execution of experiments. Strong verbal communication skills, a well-organized working style as well as timely and accurate technical reporting and documentation are essential to the position.
Cell Biologist / Molecular Biologist
MS degree in biochemistry, molecular or cell biology, or a related field, or a BS degree and 3 + years of relevant laboratory experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• Experience with the development and optimization of cell based assays for transfection of nucleic acid constructs (mRNA, antisense, CRISPR, DNA, AAV...) using lipid and polymer based formulations in multiple cell lines. Experience with primary cells is a plus.
• Experience with molecular biology techniques such as PCR/qPCR, Luminescence/Fluorescence based assays and ELISA, cytotoxicity and cell proliferation assays
• Expertise with flow cytometry
• Experience in assay automation beneficial
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot instruments and analytical assays
• Self-motivated, enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary, collaborative research environment
• Excellent oral presentation and communication skills and capability of running experiments independently
Research & Development
Biotherapeutic and Analytical Technologies - NIBR
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.