Within the WEC Cluster Rare Disease, we are looking for a new Scientific Lead Rare Disease.
The objective of the SL is to support patients suffering from the rare diseases in scope (ie Tuberous Sclerosis Complex) along the entire patient journey, ie awareness, diagnosis, referral, and management, in partnership with health care professionals, patient organizations and other stakeholders. You will closely together with your colleagues in other WEC countries in similar roles, and in collaboration with the region. Internally you are working with all relevant stakeholders such as market access, medical department, finance, supply chain, legal & compliance etc…
• To engage in scientific discussions related to Novartis compounds/pipeline with Medical Experts to support exchange of scientific information/insights to advance understanding of new scientific principles, new trends and current scientific debates (e.g. Advisory Boards, scientific meetings, and regular discussions).
• To provide valuable patient-centric solutions that improve HCP disease management decisions by means of an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare system, of key dynamics and of company policies. These solutions add great value to healthcare system by providing better epidemiological information, by optimizing diagnostic skills and patient care and by facilitating access to our treatment and assuring patient compliance.
• To take a leading role in pre and post-approval to build patient access and referral networks within a patient-centric approach. To use the information gained from solid relationships with HCP's to identify and develop potential advocates and future medical leaders.
• To initiate and be responsible for the preparation and communication of results for national scientific expert meetings and advisory boards.
• To establish effective working relationships with decision-makers and key stakeholders to provide added value in Regional/Hospital protocols. To work with local Market Access and key KOLs to ensure Reimbursement. Collaborate with PAGs to increase our knowledge about patients’ needs and develop strategies to bring them innovative solutions.
• To identify potential research collaborations and implement scientific projects of value in accordance with global, regional or local medical strategies, in collaboration with Country /Cluster Medical Advisors. To lead cross-functional collaborations, involvement of right internal functions and talent, and optimal communication in order to ensure best solutions for patients are implemented.
• To manage an excellent matrix relationship across Rare Disease organisation and to work alongside other functions, to provide them with useful insights, to establish solutions for patients and to ensure the best use of treatment possible.
• To pro-actively build cross country collaboration with RDSAs/RDSLs within the cluster, through networking, partnerships, and sharing best practices
• To act as deputy for the Cluster Head Rare Disease in internal and external meetings, where appropriate
• To ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Novartis Promotional Practices (NP4), country legislation, Pharmaceutical Industry Code & all internal regulations and processes.
• To ensure compliance in all interaction throughout the organization, and to maintain regular liaison with the Regional and Local compliance function to ensure that all processes and activities are comply with internal and external policies (NP4, EFPIA, deontological code, global guidelines).
• In our high-performance team environment, the role requires collaboration with key cross-functional team members both at local and regional level (i.e. Field Based Medical Advisors, etc., where applicable).
Scientific Lead Rare Disease