Description de l'offre
GNF is seeking a technologically-oriented Automation Associate to join our Advanced Automation Technologies group. The individual will be responsible for setup, operation and maintenance of state-of-the-art high throughput screening (HTS) systems. They will also work closely with engineers and biologists to develop new automation workflows and instruments. They will be responsible for adapting bench assays to automated and/or high throughput screening instruments. The successful candidate will exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, organizational/time management skills and an acute attention to detail. A strong aptitude for and interest in computers, programming and related technology is necessary.
Automation Associate - GNF / Novartis
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, etc.)
• Experience with laboratory automation equipment
• Proficient and in-depth knowledge of VBA or similar programing language
• Ability to effectively interpret data from screening readouts (luminescence, FI, HTRF, etc.), troubleshoot screens on-the-fly and communicate findings to technical personnel
• Experience working with laboratory automation/HTS equipment as well as scientific assays and mammalian cell culture is highly desirable
• Experience working with engineers and scientists to develop new automation platforms is a plus
• Excellent written, organizational and oral communication skills.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.