The Rheumatology Sales Specialist is accountable to drive disease awareness, initiation and usage of Novartis Rheumatology products; to achieve targets for sales performance consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards and market share; to develop effective business relationships with customers (physicians, treating staff and other stakeholders) that support delivery of business results; to initiate or support programs that make a difference to the lives of the patients we serve.
The Rheumatology Sales Specialist will represent and promote Novartis as a leader in the Rheumatology community and marketplace. Work to ensure access to Novartis products within all compliance guidelines. Provide disease state awareness education.
Incumbents will be responsible for covering a territory that will focus on a defined target list of physicians/practitioners within the territory. Focus on the total office call, to assure the needs of all stakeholders are met within compliance guidelines including: Nurses and Office Managers, among others. Another component of this role includes activities such as speaker and key-opinion leader development within territory. The Sales Specialist must be able to develop relationships and maintain an active presence in the Rheumatology community and associated organizations.
• Disease awareness with key customers
• Partner with office staff to ensure that HCPS have the information needed to identify appropriate patients and make decisions regarding protocols.
• Knowledgeable on treatment initiation logistics (TB testing, pre-certification, etc)
• Educate on Prior Authorization process and payor restrictions
• Work with office manager to begin administration process and coordination with support team in connection prior authorizations with the reimbursement process.
• Collaborates with Patient Service Liaisons, Business Reimbursement Specialists and other commercial roles
• Facilitate referral networks to support patient access, consistent with company policies and guidelines.
• Identifies key influencers within a group practice and sphere of influence
• Heavy focus on total office call to assure key stakeholder engagement
• Must develop strong knowledge of treatment algorithm and business dynamics within accounts to address customer needs and create business opportunities in a competitive environment, consistent with company policies and guidelines.
The territory will cover the greater Orlando area south to Stuart.
Sales Specialist - Rheumatology - Orlando, FL