The Dermatology Sales Specialist will represent and promote Novartis as a leader in the Dermatology community and marketplace by: Driving disease awareness. Promoting initiation and usage of Novartis dermatology product. Achieving targets for sales performance and market share. Developing effective business relationships with customers including physicians, treating staff and other stakeholders that support delivery of business results. Initiating and/or supporting programs that make a difference in the life of the psoriasis patient. Assuring access and distribution is available to healthcare providers and patients within all compliance guidelines. Providing disease state awareness education.
• To drive disease awareness, initiation and usage of Novartis dermatology products; to achieve targets for sales performance and market share.
• To develop effective business relationships with customers (physicians, treating staff and other stakeholders) that support delivery of business results.
• To initiate or support programs that make a difference to the life of the psoriasis patient.
• The Dermatology Sales Specialist will represent and promote Novartis as a leader in the Dermatology community and marketplace.
• Assure access and distribution available to healthcare providers and patients within all compliance guidelines. Also will provide disease state awareness education.
• Incumbents will be responsible for covering a large territory and will focus on a defined target list of physicians/practitioner within the territory.
• Focus on the total office call, to assure the needs of all stakeholders are met within compliance guidelines including: Nurses and Office Managers, among others. Another component of this role includes activities such as opinion leader development within territory.
• The Sales Specialist must be able to develop relationships and maintain an active presence in the Dermatology community and associated organizations.
• Business ownership: Disease awareness with key customers Strong selling skills to support paradigm shift & biologic use Partner with office staff to set up protocol to identify appropriate patients Supports treatment initiation logistics (TB testing, pre-certification, etc.)
• Educate on Prior Authorization process and payor restrictions Work with office manager to begin administration process and coordinate with BRMs.
• Assists development of local sites of care Collaborates with Nurse Educators, Reimbursement Specialists and other commercial roles.
• Facilitate referral networks to support patient access, consistent with company policies and guidelines.
• Account Selling: Identifies key influencers within a group practice and sphere of influence heavy focus on total office call to assure key stakeholder engagement. Must develop strong knowledge of treatment algorithm and business dynamics within accounts to address customer needs.
• Create business opportunities in a competitive environment, consistent with company policies and guidelines.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Consistent with company policies and guidelines: Development of high quality and impactful territory business plan Territory sales performance vs. expectations outlined in plan
• Successfully complete all training and pre-certification requirements.
• Successful implementation of compliant and medically-relevant programs with positive customer response.
This territory will cover from Shreveport, LA, east to Monroe and Alexandra, and South to Lafayette.
Sales Specialist - Dermatology - Shreveport, LA