Phoenix East; includes Phoenix East, Northern AZ, Albuquerque NM, and El Paso TX.
Global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Area Business Leader – Cardiovascular Specialty (ABL-CS) is responsible for the performance for the NPC approved Cardiovascular portfolio within the territories and assigned hospitals that comprise his/her area (district). The ABL - CS is responsible for leading a team of Cardiovascular Sales Specialists in this defined geography. The ABL-CS is a “player coach”, required to lead, coach and manage team members to deliver sales results that meet/exceed objectives while also establishing strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, target physician groups and key institutions. The ABL-CS also ensures that business activity is consistent with Novartis’ compliance and legal standards.
In alignment with all applicable laws and regulations and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) policies:
• Hire, train, coach and develop Cardiovascular Sales Specialists
• Act as a “player-coach”, establishing strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, target physician groups and key institutions
• Conduct performance evaluations for each specialist and develop coaching plans as appropriate.
• Implement compensation program to effectively reward integrity-based, high performance and desired leadership behaviors
• Effectively manage performance of Sales Specialists in the community l setting
• Build strong, cross-functional relationships to leverage Novartis’ expertise in order to accomplish business goals and customer objectives
• Grow volume and market share to meet and exceed business goals
• Direct field activities and resource allocation to maximize business results
• Anticipate, monitor and report changes in marketplace to effectively manage both tactical and strategic initiatives
• Ensure the development and effective implementation of customer specific territory plans
• Demonstrate ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
• Work cross-functionally with other Novartis commercial functions
• Effectively manage and prioritize competing stakeholders’ interests
• This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
Area Business Leader- Cardiovascular, Phoenix East