Sagemcom is a leading global supplier of high added-value communicating terminals market such as modems & gateways, set top boxes, internet boxes, electricity smart meters, and Internet of Things solutions. The Head Office is based in France, Rueil-Malmaison, Paris. The Group annual turnover is €1.8 billion, with headcount of 4 000 employees in more than 40 countries. Sagemcom ships more than 22 million terminals worldwide every year.
In alignment with the company target to grow in South East Asia/Australia, we are growing our team of engineers able to support our customers’ onsite.
The volunteer will be part of the Software development team in the Broadband Terminals R&D:
- Implement new features according to our customers’ requirements
- Reproduce, investigate and solve issues reported by our customers
In relation to those tasks, the volunteer will be a point of contact for selected customers of Sagemcom for technical topics:
- Describe and explain Sagemcom products and functions to our customers (RFQ answers, direct communication with customers, onsite demos).
- Define together with our customers the customization required for our products to meet their needs and the technical approval process of each product.
- Deliver new features and perform partially or entirely the onsite testing to demonstrate conformity to the requirements
- Investigate issues found during onsite testing or reported by Sagemcom customers.
When required by the nature of the tasks, technical discussions or investigations will take place in the customers’ location. As a result, this position may require frequent business trips.
Engineering school diploma with a specialization in Telecommunication, Electronics or Computer Science.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in Software development, especially C programming.
Special skills in IP networks and internet technologies (GPON, Docsis…) would be appreciated.
Good team worker and quick learner with good communication skills and analysis capabilities.
French and English are mandatory, Mandarin is a plus.
Avant de postuler, veillez à vérifier les conditions d’éligibilité pour cette destination http://www.civiweb.com/FR/le-volontariat-international/conditions-du-VIE.aspx
Le visa requis dans le cadre d’une mission VIE est en effet soumis à des conditions de formation et/ou d’expérience