People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
Roquette is a global leader in plant-based ingredients and a pioneer of new vegetal proteins. A career with Roquette Canada will provide you with the opportunity to work with industry leaders who are paving the way in Roquette’s future. Our teams are guided by the vision of “Better Nutrition”, “Healthier Planet”. We are looking for passionate people like you to join us in our mission to “Offer the Best of Nature”!
Reporting to the Maintenance Electrical supervisor, this position is responsible for providing electrical maintenance support on a variety of production equipment to support day to day operations of the plant. This includes performing preventative maintenance tasks, diagnostic and troubleshooting services, responding to emergency breakdowns and completing accurate work order data entry/documentation. This position at times may also perform project work on an as needed basis for new installations and customizations on existing equipment to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
· Ensure proper performance and operation of machinery and equipment for production
· Minimize production downtime by completing preventive maintenance inspections, planned work orders and responding to breakdowns and emergency repairs in an expedited and efficient manner
· Carry out all work in a safe and professional manner complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
· Ensure high standards of workmanship quality are delivered to prevent manufacturing equipment breakdowns
· Perform Electrical and Instrumentation tasks as assigned by the Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor.
· Order necessary parts and materials and work with suppliers and participate in supplier meetings.
· May operate a forklift and material handling equipment on an as-needed basis depending on the departmental needs.
· Train an apprentice as part of a formal program or work with junior staff as part of informal training and mentoring in job performance.
· Complete maintenance shift report at the completion of each shift using computerized software.
· Make electrical repairs to all types of mobile, building, production, and hydraulic equipment.
· Must be able to weld, solder, and use cutting torches
· Review written documents such as work orders and equipment-specific manufacturer’s publications to perform repairs.
· Plan and prioritize workflow according to business needs and management instructions.
· Design and build electrical power circuits and PLC Programming Ladder Logic.
· Repairs plant production and building equipment by diagnosing failed electrical components by observation or dismantling and then repairing or replacing the components.
· Proficient to use the Microsoft series of office software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
· Ability to gain good operational knowledge of production process at Roquette.
· Knowledge of troubleshooting / Root Cause Analysis training (continuous improvement)
· Good understanding of regulatory requirements
· Good aptitude for administration, documentation controls
· Be able to read diagrams, sketches, instructions and drawings for the purpose of determining parts lists and repair equipment.
· Ability to analyze weekly schedule break-ins
· Ability to balance the schedule between planned maintenance jobs and new jobs (give it the appropriate scheduling priority: PM compliance)
· Ability to work with operators and supervisors.
· Good CMMS process and use knowledge (work orders portfolio management)
Education: Must hold a certified Journeyperson Industrial Electrical License or Equivalent issued by the Province of Manitoba or bear the Red Seal Certificate from another province.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably food industry. Strong knowledge and experience working with SAP
Specific requirements: This position will require spending time on the shop floor with some walking, climbing, lifting etc.
Must be available to be ‘On Call’, for overtime and work extended hours based on business needs.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!