· Job facts
Roche is looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about revolutionary sequencing technology.The employee will participate in the development on the Roche sequencer, focusing on the processes and reagents involved in the system setup and the hardware/software/fluidic integration.
· The development of test and measurement methodology for the characterization of the system, subsystems and processes. Test design, metrology tools and methods, analysis methodology, data management and reporting.
· The design, execution, analysis and presentation of experiments to measure specific system performance parameters. Development of accurate system, subsystem and process descriptions through a deeper understanding of underlying system physics.
· Integration of system components, test and characterization of the interaction of components.
· Preparation of components of control software for system operation and component testing.
· Characterization of fluidic components, pathways and processes.
· Optimization of the setup of all system components.
· Input on the generation of system requirements based on system performance.
· Verification of the requirements including; the development of processes and tests, analysis and presentation of data. This will include appropriate experimental preparation and statistical analysis of the data.
WHO ARE YOU:
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
· B.S. in Bio-engineering, Bio-medical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or a related discipline with a background in instrumentation development
· 3-10 years of experience
· Strong mechanical and electrical skills, electro-mechanical integration and troubleshooting skills a must.
· Programming experience required, familiarity Python a plus
· Understanding of DNA manipulation techniques and sequencing methodologies a plus
· Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.