· Job facts
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As the Sr. Systems Analyst , you will formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. You will devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. You will analyze business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications. You will guide and advise less-experienced team members. You will be competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
As the Sr. Systems Analyst , you will provide analytical work to assigned area. You will have advanced knowledge of a specific field, and apply this knowledge to look in-depth at information pertaining to the area. You will manage, organize, and analyze data or other information. You will act as a resource in providing information to others in the implementation of solutions. You will apply fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to analytical work.
You will be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
· Defines system scope and objectives through research and fact finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Assist in providing estimates of task effort and resource skills needed.
· Develops application methods and processes, and implementation of those methods through business process analysis re-engineering. Evaluates development projects and assists in tailoring the development process to meet the project needs.
· Gathers, analyzes and documents business and functional requirements. Translate needs of the business into applicable system design solutions via prototyping, and configuration. Set and influence cross-divisional strategies and business processes, including collaboration between business and IT.
· Performs development, configuration, testing, and implementation of manufacturing application solutions according to Roche development standards and practices, including packaged (COTS) & internally developed business systems.
· Maintains system request status and customer communication for those requests. Documents systems and provides regular feedback on project task status to customers, peers and IM/IT management.
· Performs support of production applications by responding to support desk calls, tracking problems/issues, and following up with customers. Performs upgrades to packaged & internally developed business systems.
· Develops and maintains system documentation, testing protocols, and other relevant technical documents.
· Guides and advises less-experienced team members.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field, or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years' experience with previous application system implementations
· Analytical, logical problem resolution skills
· Proficient with networking appliances (switches, firewalls); capable of configuring and maintaining
· Proficient in computer programming, scripting, and relational databases (SQL, Oracle)
· Familiarity with industrial controls, ex: Rockwell Automation, Cognex
· Familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks such as ISO 27001 and IEC 62443
· Knowledge of Computer Systems Validation
· Familiarity with electronic validation solutions, ex: ValGenesis, HPALM
· Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and change control as it relates to application systems
· Knowledge of project management techniques, tools and problem solving abilities
· Capable of achieving and improving quality objectives through daily actions
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.