Since Watchfinder & Co. was first founded in 2002, it has grown to become the premier resource from which to buy and sell premium pre-owned watches. With thousands of watches available from more than 50 brands, including Rolex, Omega, IWC and more, plus boutiques across the UK and a manufacturer certified service centre, Watchfinder has established itself as the top pre-owned watch specialist.
Position: Senior Sales & Purchasing Assistant - 6 month Contract
Working Hours: 43 hours
Reporting to: Head of Retail and Head of Purchasing
Where we began…
Watchfinder is a leading pre-owned watch retailer and welcomes over 14.5 million visitors every year both online and in store. With over 15 years’ experience and expertise, Watchfinder continues to innovate and redefine the market for pre-owned watches. We tirelessly develop new and exciting ways for customers to buy, sell and interact with pre-owned watches from over sixty brands. Our French site is live and Watchfinder are setting their sights high to break into International markets! This is the time to join a company that is changing the way the industry works by offering a luxury service, sharing our knowledge, working independently to offer tailored advice and giving an unprecedented selection of choice to all customers.
For Watchfinder, our Senior Sales & Purchasing Advisor is a true Brand Ambassador, who has experience of providing a stellar customer service experience. You are a confident communicator, driven, self-motivated and ready for a fresh and exciting challenge.
You will work closely with the Head of Purchasing to support our customers with the sales of their precious timepieces, providing information of the process of every step of the way.
You will demonstrate your knowledge of the purchasing, negotiation and stock procedures with confidence.
Will possess the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients alike; the customers’ interests are at the heart of what you do. As the Sales and Purchasing Advisor, you will demonstrate your knowledge of the purchasing, negotiation and stock procedures with confidence. You will support out customers with the sales of their precious time pieces, providing information of the process of every step of the way.
Duties will include:
· Managing and making appointments via our diary system to follow the appointment only policy
· Buying and negotiating prices of watches including part exchange to secure a deal with the best possible margin
· Welcoming customers who are viewing watches on the day, demonstrating excellent customer service skills
· Manage the customer sales process from beginning to end; contact, appointment, conversion and after sales.
· Understanding the stock control internal procedures, undertaking daily and monthly stock takes
· Handling “live” orders post payment and dealing with after sales queries from your customers
· Merchandising display cabinets and assisting in dressing the store every morning and packing away in the evening
· Report weekly sales and buying activity to the Head of Retails
· Is responsible for the sales and purchasing activity in the office
· Oversees handling the sales administration, answering customer enquiries, prepare month reports and arranging for delivery
· Networking with local pre-owned watch sellers in the region, introducing our services with a view of purchasing stock from them.
About you ...
· Experience and knowledge in the watch industry is ideal however not essential
· A meticulous worker with an excellent attention to detail
· Excellent organisation, communication and negotiation skills
· Strong all round management and organisation skills
· Strong in animating teams and coaching/people management
· Flexibility and independent working style
· Able to follow instructions and directions precisely
· Confident in delivering updates to customers demonstrating excellent customer service at all times
· Proven track record of sales coupled with strong negotiation experience.
· Experience in working with customers on a one to one basis in a luxury retail or boutique setting is highly advantageous however, other industries would be considered.
THE NEXT STEPS..
This list of Roles and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops, it is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
· Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check and provide two recent references