Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions
Harnessing data and analytics across hardware, software and biotech, GE Healthcare is the $18 billion healthcare business of GE (NYSE: GE). As a leading provider of medical imaging equipment, with a track record of more than 100 years in the industry and more than 50,000 employees across 100 countries, we transform healthcare by delivering better outcomes for providers and patients.
GE’s new digital health initiative in Acute Care is one of two targets on which GE and Roche Diagnostics have recently partnered. The leader in in-vivo diagnostics (GEHC) and the leader in in-vitro diagnostics (Roche) expect to make tremendous progress in the management of cancer and sepsis. Sepsis is a major challenge in medicine. Its incidence is increasing so significantly, that it is now considered an epidemic, with 250,000 deaths from sepsis per year, and approximately $19 billion of healthcare costs in the US alone.
With the Acute Care initiative, we have undertaken the challenge to reduce the incidence and costs associated with sepsis as a first target for a new digital health offering that is based in real-time sensing, biological markers, and data science. The Acute Care Data Science team in Haifa is developing novel AI and machine learning predictive and prescriptive solutions for medical practitioners using this rich and untapped medical data.
We are seeking a system software architect candidate to join the Acute Care team, to work as part of an elite team of Machine Learning and Data Science experts. If you want to build novel, ground-breaking medical applications that combine the best that modern software applications, great user-experiences and AI can offer, we have great opportunities to work with natural language, medical texts and novel sensors.
• BS in CS (MS preferred) from a lead university.
• At least 10 years of software engineering experience, building and designing big data systems and/or cloud-based IoT systems, from which, at least 2 years as
a system architect.
• Proven track record leading an architecture effort for a large-scale data driven based project. Experience with early stage system design is preferred.
• A team player. Collaborative and communicative. Ability to work with a team that is geographically dispersed.
• Experience with automated assistant systems, an advantage.
• Background in medicine, preferred
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.