The Artist Marketing Manager (AMM) is responsible for the management, development, and growth of our artists network within all Red Bull Culture Marketing initiatives locally, regionally, and internally as our partners continue to grow. The AMM will also serve as a project leader for selected artist lead Culture Marketing projects, including events and content, interfacing with all key stakeholders to maximize the impact and leverage of assigned marketing and media properties to achieve targets. Responsibilities include all elements of relationship building, project execution, creative development, planning, and evaluation. This role will manage and build all relevant partners in the industry including managers, agents, and creatives. The AMM will assist the local field teams in fully leveraging local artist relations, including helping to establish standards, procedure, goals, identify key scenes and relationships and guide initiatives that are in line with all projects
In 1987, Red Bull not only launched a completely new product, it created and has led ever since a whole new product category, Energy Drinks. Nowadays Red Bull employs more than 11500 people in over 171 countries, selling over 6 billion cans a year. The World of Red Bull provides the forum for you to use your talent and passion, to develop yourself and make an impact. Find out why we're different.
Find your own direction
· LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
· OrganisationRed Bull Canada
Areas that play to your strengths
(all the responsibilities we'll trust you with)
Expand allCollapse All
· Drives development and maintains relationships of all Key Artists and artist teams, while supporting all artists related projects and events.
· Ensures quality and authentic relationships are built and developed with relevant Canadian artists through events, media and product related projects.
· Delivering relationships and unique concepts developed directly with artists for the Red Bull Music, Dance and Art program needs.
· Communicating the Red Bull brand and product values to artists.
· Educate while inspiring artists for inclusion in greater Red Bull programs and opportunities.
· Delivering Artist insights to the business for event curation, music creation, content production and Red Bull Studios projects.
· Supports on all booking needs for all related Red Bull Culture events.
· Supports Red Bull Studio network by providing Canadian artists for content and recording projects
· Supports Culture Marketing team on all related events
· Ensures information flow between team members and stakeholders
· Works with agencies to develop creative and collateral for artist related projects
· Works with Media Network to maximize owned and earned media outcome around key projects.
· Works with National Culture Marketing Manager (NCMM) to develop new ideas and spearhead feasibility for regional artist projects.
· Assists with development and execution of strategic plans to create relevance for regional initiatives in local markets
· Manages communications of strategy, standards and practices for implementation of regional initiatives
· Works with Field teams in building-out local relationships that drive relevance within local markets
· Works with established regional counterparts to help execute relevant artist lead events leveraging local relationships: ie: Red Bull Music programming, or 3rd Party festival partnerships.
· Serves as a branding expert
· Works with field and third parties as necessary to develop new and innovative branding solutions for artists and artist related events.
· Develops accurate brand representation through an artist’s voice.
· Manages expectations for managers and agents (artist teams).
· Shares Best Practices and Communicates Key Initiatives both Internally and Externally
1. Works closely with National Culture Marketing team and network.
2. Actively participates in meetings such as Field Marketing creative workshops and trainings to gather and share learnings and align strategies. Re-applies successful models to each region from key learnings.
3. Coordinates with NCCM to execute and leverage Culture Marketing programming in the collegiate environment
· Utilizes the RB Global Idea Funnel to present new ideas and obtain feedback, submits original ideas to Red Bull Media House (RBMH) New Ideas and Formats.
· Actively collects and communicates best practices, news/status, etc. Includes updating Internal networks, monthly artist calendars for CMM network, regional marketing managers, and field sales organizations.
· Drives ROI and ensures RBMH deliverables are met in partnership with Communications Manager to ensure proper communication (external and internal) – includes creating & managing content distribution of local initiatives to relevant channels (viral, print, video).
· Fiscally responsible for artist related budgets including artist lead events and assigned projects
· Works with legal departments to facilitate all necessary agreements regarding artists and artist related events and third parties according to Red Bull standards
· Supports NCMM and regional teams in building business plans, internal updates, RBMH rights clearances, program recaps, finance documentation and processing
· Provides timely strategic program and technical feedback for regional teams and reporting.
Your experience includes:
(proven performance in)
Education: Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in a marketing related field.
Experience: Strong (3-5 years) relevant experience in artist relations, event support, project management, team coordination and budget management
Abilities: The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of artist communications, event and project management, possess strong people skills, and have the ability to find creative, effective and unique solutions for project execution.
Additionally needed capabilities are:
Knowledge of a wide variety of culture scenes (music, dance, art, design…), on a regional, national & global level
Experience in the arts industry, particularly music: artist cycles, talent management, scene outreach
Contract and negotiation skills – constructing, reviewing and negotiating the most advantageous artist agreements with managers and agents
Creativity and idea generation
Familiarity with music industry and its players: managers, agents, and media.
Some understanding of content related production and programming.
Excellent communication skills, including presenting and training abilities
Strong coach/leader, ability to foster meaningful dialogue and gain buy-in
Proven planning and project management experience
Ability to cultivate team environment and alignment
Creative mind with a track record of putting new ideas into practice and delivering results
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other opportunities in a similar area
Brand Manager, Insights and Product - 19 Month Contract
Student Brand Manager - Ryerson
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Red Bull. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.