Description de l'offre
Corporate & Indirect Tax
In Corporate and Indirect Tax, you’ll help clients - from the largest organisations to budding entrepreneurs and high‑net‑worth individuals - manage their tax risk, understand their obligations and comply with complex legislation. You’ll tackle a broad range of work that includes multinational advisory projects, mergers and acquisitions advice, tax compliance and researching business issues that affect clients’ tax affairs. You’ll work with clients on matters critical to their business including interpreting developments in case law, the implications of moving into new territories or introducing new products. You could be involved in purely UK activities or global projects, working on more efficient internal processes or on a merger or acquisition. You could work as part of a number of specialist areas within Corporate and Indirect Tax.
Our graduate training programme is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. You'll learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work, picking up business, personal and technical skills you can use across the network, and throughout your career.
What you'll do
In Corporate Tax you'll help clients understand their obligations and comply with complex legislation, while managing the impact tax has on their businesses.
This could include:
- Making sure the tax compliance process runs smoothly
- Liaising with our overseas offices to coordinate projects
- Researching business issues that will affect clients’ tax affairs
- Providing tailored tax advice to your clients
- Researching, planning and tailoring ideas to clients' needs
- Meeting and building relationships with your clients
In Indirect Tax, a highly commercial and extremely wide‑ranging field, you’ll be advising businesses on all areas of indirect tax including VAT, Customs Duties, Stamp Duty and the introduction of new taxes such as the Soft Drinks Levy. In any given day you could be involved with:
- Helping clients pay the right amount of tax and making sure they don’t overpay
- Advising clients on the implications of changes to the indirect tax rules both in the UK and overseas
- Collaborating with clients and colleagues across PwC both in the UK and our international member firms
- Tackling special projects such as a business restructure or a merger or acquisition
- Helping clients respond to HM Revenue and Customs enquiries and disputes
- Making sure a client’s indirect tax reporting is accurate by working with them to introduce more efficient internal processes and controls
- Working with clients to litigate disputes at the courts
Our Private Business and Private Client teams advise growing companies, partnerships and wealthy individuals on their local and overseas tax affairs while acting as a strategic consultant on things like business analysis, managing working capital and profit-sharing for partners
What you'll gain
ACA CTA joint qualification
You'll spend the first stage of your career learning about our business and developing key skills. For many roles, this will involve building your business, personal and technical skills by studying to become a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) or the Chartered Accountants of Ireland (CAI), as well as a Chartered Tax Advisor with the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) through a joint qualification.
What you'll need
You'll need to have or be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study.
Do you need a work permit?
Please note PwC is unable to sponsor any candidates for this position as the Home Office's eligibility criteria will not be satisfied. For more information visit our website.
When to apply
Although there is no application deadline, each year we have only a small number of Graduate roles available. We therefore advise applying early, but please be prepared for a short wait in processing your application at each stage of our process while we consider your application alongside others.
Line of Service
Graduate jobs in Tax
Entry Route Group