Description de l'offre
Are you a handyman? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? P&G's Phoenix plant is looking to hire a facility worker to be join the work team that keeps us running smoothly. Technician work teams are responsible for keeping facilities, and equipment (e.g. HVAC) in good condition and are vital to the success of our business at P&G.
We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, mechanical, quality assurance, safety, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including plastering/painting, flooring repairs, plumbing work, electrical repairs and installation, HVAC maintenance, and machine servicing including repairing and replacing broken parts. From the beginning, you will be impacting situations and influencing the day to day operations of the plant.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
· Use basic hand and power tools
· Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping
· Climb, stand, and move around on stairs
· Ladders and platforms
· Twist, turn and bend
· Enter confined spaces
· Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
Further, technicians have and are able to display a number of workplace skills, including:
· Demonstrated ability to learn and qualify on equipment operation
· Demonstrated safe work performance
· Demonstrated reliable attendance
· Good communication skills and the ability to provide feedback to team members and leadership
· An understanding of technical diagnosis tools/skills, to include autonomous and preventative maintenance
· Demonstrated problem-solving capability, to identify root cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent recurrence
· A commitment to the idea that 'everything has its place,' and organization is a key factor in a smooth operation
· Demonstrated loss elimination in his/her current business
· Solid Excel and database skills to record key safety, quality, and production data
About the Phoenix Plant
This plant operates 7-days per week. Employees work any day of the week including schedule adjustments to weekends as needed, but normally with advanced notice. Work on weekends may be overtime or as part of the normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shift or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Additionally, the safety of our employees is of great importance to Procter & Gamble. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, eye protection, and additional outwear and/or a personal respirator depending on the location and task.
You will need to provide your own transportation to and from the Phoenix Plant where all testing and interviewing happens.
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if you are:
· 18 years of age or older
· Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
· Currently reside in the Greater Phoenix area, or be willing and able to relocate without any financial assistance from P&G
· Electrical, plumbing, mechanical license is helpful but not required
These things are important to note:
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.