As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ideal candidate profile
We are looking to recruit in our Applications Technology Group(E-Business ATG) which is the technical competency(Technology and Tools) of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
The support engineers in this competency are responsible in assisting customers with the Installation, Maintenance and Administration of Oracle Applications.Overall qualifications and skills:
· 2+ years experience and depth knowledge in install, maintenance and administration of complex multi-tier applications.
· Experience in using and administrating one or more of the following technologies: Database administration and Patching, Application Server, JDeveloper or other IDE Java tools , E-business Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher or Enterprise manager would be an advantage.(DBA, DBS, RDBMS, Sys/System Admin, Network Admin, HelpDesk, Developer)
· Good knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows or other relevant OS-system), SQL, PLSQL
· Knowledge of Java, XML, Perl, Oracle Developer (Forms/Reports), SOA, Database/Application Performance Tuning are a plus.
· Late Shift and possible weekend work